FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

Just now, filmlover said:

I doubt anything released by Relativity (or whatever's left of them) will actually make its currently planned release date.

Who knows, they just rescheduled all of this; Disappointments Room was originally going to come out against BVS

4 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Link?

There was an screening two days ago, and someone online that I trust on IMDb (yes not a reliable site, but this person has been right with most of his information), said that the MC's score is expected to be in the 40's range.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

3 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

I feel like WB is gonna move up Ninjago to a Feb. 2018 spot.

Ninjago probably will stay put in September 2017. I reckon SmallFoot will move to May 2018 and S.C.O.O.B will be delayed to 2019. 

Just now, department store basement said:

Are you sure about that?

Oh shoot, I meant a nomination. If my wording made it seem like I thought it would win, then my mistake. My frontrunner in that category is La La Land.

8 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Yeah... bear rape and bear rape alone helped The Revenant to $180 million domestically. It totally wasn't an extremely widely-admired actor who picked up an Oscar for his performance.

Hey, if Yogi Bear made $100M+ after that poster... ;)

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Oh shoot, I meant a nomination. If my wording made it seem like I thought it would win, then my mistake. My frontrunner in that category is La La Land.

I'm not even sure it'll be nominated - Big Eyes (another film about a rather odd artist) wasn't nominated in 14. The only thing for sure is an Actress nom for Streep

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Who knows, they just rescheduled all of this; Disappointments Room was originally going to come out against BVS

Relativity is nothing but a skeleton at this point and they're currently in court trying to stop Netflix from releasing movies that are covered under their output deal (like Masterminds) for streaming. At this point, I'll believe anything released by them will come out if it actually opens and doesn't get taken off the schedule again.

Everyone is saying La La Land won't be a major Oscar contender but I think it's going to be a big box office success which should make it get nominated, especially when there aren't many contenders at the moment.