FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

21 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I have a hard time believing any Pixar movie would get a PG-13 without someone getting shot on screen or someone saying "shit".

Harry Potter went from PG to PG-13 without someone getting shot on screen or someone saying "shit". Just amp up the stakes and there you go, lol.

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Zootopia is the best American animated feature, imo.

While I won't argue too much, considering I think Zootopia is a great and fine film, I think it's a bit early and premature to say that. It's only a few months old and needs time to gel in one's mind more. 

I still think the animated magnum opus is The Lion King.

• Like 2

Just now, angeldelmito said:

Harry Potter went from PG to PG-13 without someone getting shot on screen or someone saying "shit". Just amp up the stakes and there you go, lol.

Hmm, good point. Still, there was a bit more violence, no? Wands can function similarly to guns, right?

And there's the issue of animated features being taken seriously.

Hmm, good point. Still, there was a bit more violence, no? Wands can function similarly to guns, right?

Animated movies have made it in Hollywood, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story 3 and UP have all been nominated for a "serious" award like Best Picture.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

I'd rather watch a smartly written 90 minute PG movie over a nearly 3 hour movie mess like BvS any day.

Ratings have no indication of quality.  Blood, Bad Words, Butts, and Boobs don't make a movie bad or good.  It's everything else that surrounds the Blood, Bad Words, Butts, and Boobs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

They also stopped being kids movies.

Pixar, on the other hand, will likely never make movies that aren't for kids. ESPECIALLY not sequels to their previous movies. If they make a film directed at older audiences they won't put it under their label (look at how Sausage Party isn't under the Sony Pictures Animation brand despite being made by them).

• Like 2

Just now, cannastop said:

True, but all in all, The Incredibles still a super hero movie. It'd be easy for it to go dark (without being overly so). I actually looked it up, and Goblet of Fire (first to go PG-13) got that rating because of "frightening images" (along with fantasy violence, but that's irrelevant). They'd just have to write in a scene shocking enough.

And quite frankly, if there was a montage of Syndrome's plan in play (him killing superheroes off in order to upgrade his robot) in the cut, I'm pretty sure that would've pushed it over the edge. 

5 minutes ago, department store basement said:

They also stopped being kids movies.

Pixar, on the other hand, will likely never make movies that aren't for kids. ESPECIALLY not sequels to their previous movies. If they make a film directed at older audiences they won't put it under their label (look at how Sausage Party isn't under the Sony Pictures Animation brand despite being made by them).

I know that Pixar will likely never make a PG-13 film. I was just saying the Incredibles could easily go that way. :P

• Like 1

Just got back from finding dory! It's a wonderful film. Everyone has been praising Hank the octopus, but my two favorite new characters were the two sea lions. They were hilarious. The film was a bit too long, and the ending was a little silly. But I liked the overall message.

B+/A-

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Just got back from finding dory! It's a wonderful film. Everyone has been praising Hank the octopus, but my two favorite new characters were the two sea lions. They were hilarious. The film was a bit too long, and the ending was a little silly. But I liked the overall message.

B+/A-

I like this guy

Spoiler

tumblr_o8yz6o7b8K1usg09ro1_1280.jpg