egoplant

David Fincher, old or new?

David Fincher  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Old or New?

• Founder / Operator

1. TSN2. Fight Club3. Se7en4. Zodiac5. Benjamin Button (need to see it again)6. Panic Room7. Dragon Tattoo8. The Game9. Ali3nTough one for me, but as much as I love TSN and think Benjamin Button might scoot up a notch or two when I see it again, I'll say "new".

Even though his newer work occupies slots 3-5. And 6-8 contains his older work. I'm going old for now, Dragon Tattoo could swing things, but he has Fight Club, a film that resides in my top fifteen and that's enough to put old over the top.1. Fight Club2. Se7en3. The Social Network4. Zodiac5. Benjamin Button6. The Game7. Panic Room8. Alien39. Dragon Tattoo(didn't see yet)

I haven't seen 3 of his "old" films. But...Se7en- EpicFight Club- EpicZodiac- Hated it (sorry)Benjamin Button- Pretty good.The Social Network- Fine.Dragon Tattoo- Well.. uhhh... It's good but it just feels so technical, I think he went throguh the motions on it...So I'm gonna say old.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

1. Fight Club2. The Social Network3. Seven4. Zodiac5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo6. The Game7. Panic Room8. The Curious Case of Benjamin ButtonIt's really hard, and the numbers even have it tied. On the other hand, Dragon Tattoo is the next one afterwards, but on another hand, Fight Club is on top and Benjamin Button happily resides on the bottom. I'm going to give it to old Fincher, but as long as he keeps up the pace and avoids another BB, new Fincher will grab it.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

Things like Fight Club & Se7en get worse on repeat viewings, things like Zodiac and The Social Network only get better.

Disagree totally. A film as atmospheric as Seven never gets old.I think Fincher gets the respect he deserves. He isn't talked of in the same terms as Nolan or Cameron because he's yet to make a film that has massively exploded at the box office. And he isn't infallible - I still need to watch Ben Button but trusted friends say it's pretty bad. Edited by Hatebox