WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

1 hour ago, Nova said:

As word gets out? It's been out for a week

now and it's daily drops have been next to nothing over the course of the week. If anything that shows just how great of WOM it's getting. Meanwhile ID:R's WOM is terrible at the moment. I take it you must work for Deadline with your projections. 

That's really not fair to Deadline. They've never said anything as audacious as Dory under $210M or Fox to beat Disney 2016:P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I am waiting for RTH to come on here and give us some numbers for IDR. Then again, is IDR even worthy of RTH doing that? 

If it goes below that early 18-19 range, 40 isn't happening this weekend. Sat drop will be big.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hmmmmmm... I see

Even my friends were fueled by nostalgia and wanted to see it. It was a 360 seats screen and only the 3 front rows were empty. Meanwhile IDR on a similar screen also with 360 seats had like 65 people :sadben:

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

If it goes below that early 18-19 range, 40 isn't happening this weekend. Sat drop will be big.

It will. People are coming to their senses and going to see The Shallows instead. A bikini clad Blake Lively fighting a shark for 90 minutes is much better entertainment regardless of how ridiculous it sounds.:popcorn:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Would not surprise me. First, ID is going to be a lot bigger than many around here thought and that will suck up some tickets that otherwise would have gone to Dory.

This is what happens if you post when drunk.

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

ID:R had very weak trailer views and almost non-existent social media metrics, Star Trek Beyond is another release that should be getting more online traction but just isn't. Ghostbusters puts up good Twitter numbers, but hard to know how much of the twitter chatter is people railing against the movie.

Yet some of the so called boxoffice experts on this site refused to believe it would do under 200 million domestic and under 800 million worldwide.

Now under 80 million dom and under 250 million os is looking good considering the awful word of mouth.

You guys should have left my thread open.

Edited by marveldcfox

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Even my friends were fueled by nostalgia and wanted to see it. It was a 360 seats screen and only the 3 front rows were empty. Meanwhile IDR on a similar screen also with 360 seats had like 65 people :sadben:

Good... Portugal does have some sense

1 hour ago, Nova said:

As word gets out? It's been out for a week

now and it's daily drops have been next to nothing over the course of the week. If anything that shows just how great of WOM it's getting. Meanwhile ID:R's WOM is terrible at the moment. I take it you must work for Deadline with your projections. 

I saw ID today and frankly, it sucked. But that doesn't mean Dory isn't mediocre, because it is. I do think word is getting out about that as we speak, and this weekend's take will reflect it. 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Good... Portugal does have some sense

NYSM2 is making big coin here too.

The first was a phenom here. It was ridiculously huge. This one opened with the same as the first. It won't have the same legs but if does like 3/4 of the first one is already a crazy big hit. That is how big the first was.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A comment heard by someone leaving The Shallows today: "10,000 times better than Sharknado!"

I shit you not.

I mean.......good lord. I don't know if thats supposed to be complimentary or not.