baumer

Wed #s RTH (10.3 Dory -30%| IDR 3.4 -32%)

ALICE2 crossed 75m on Wed. It's gross is the biggest surprise for me in 2015-2016. If I had to rate the most surprising (-ve or +ve) BO runs since 2015:

1) ALICE2 75-80m -ve

2) SW7 937m +ve

3) JW 652m +ve

4) DP 363m +ve / TGD 123m -ve

5) ZOOTP 340m +ve

6) TJB 360m +ve

7) IO 356m +ve / BVS 330m -ve

Edited by a2knet

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

ALICE2 crossed 75m on Wed. It's gross is the biggest surprise for me in 2015-2016. If I had to rate the most surprising (-ve or +ve) BO runs since 2015:

1) ALICE2 75-80m -ve

2) SW7 937m +ve

3) JW 652m +ve

4) DP 363m +ve

5) ZOOTP 340m +ve / BVS 330m -ve

You're listing BvS with those other 5? Its run isn't in the same league in terms of surprising-ness.

My top 5 most surprising since 2015 would be TFA, JW, Deadpool, Straight Outta Compton, and The Good Dinosaur.

3 hours ago, department store basement said:

You're listing BvS with those other 5? Its run isn't in the same league in terms of surprising-ness.

My top 5 most surprising since 2015 would be TFA, JW, Deadpool, Straight Outta Compton, and The Good Dinosaur.

BVS probably is not in the same league but even after the ow folks did not expect just 330m.

Thanks for pointing out TGD. That definitely was on of the bigger surprises.

8% drop today will give DORY 9.6m.

But looking at MINIONS and IO, the Thu drop will be better than last week's Thu drop.

That usually is the case for most movies, especially big openers, as even after the OW the first weekdays also have some front-loading.

Last Thu DORY dropped -3.7%. That will give a Thu of 10m.

So it should do a bit over 10m.

I will go with 10.2m.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

The double digit streak is over for Dory and didn't even get close.  

Can you elaborate?  Please?  

7 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

The double digit streak is over for Dory and didn't even get close.  

low 9?

I thought slight increases too based on 2011s Thursday but I realized TF opened on wed. Many holdovers took 20% or more hits on wed from Monday but bumped on Thursday.

The competition isn't as big but there is screen loss. 10% would be expected

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

It feels like Damon and Greengrass are both just doing it as a favor. I'll be surprised if it's received as well as the last two of theirs 

Are their hearts in it?

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

low 9?

I thought slight increases too based on 2011s Thursday but I realized TF opened on wed. Many holdovers took 20% or more hits on wed from Monday but bumped on Thursday.

The competition isn't as big but there is screen loss. 10% would be expected

Lower.  

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Sure, it didn't make at least $10m on Thursday.  Not even close.  

Touche lol.

Care to give us nerds a number?  Do you have anything for IDR as well?  But please sir, bless us proletariat with a number. :)

• Like 1

I thought it would follow close to Cars 2, maybe a 6-7% drop....but judging by what Nile says, sounds higher.

• Like 1

BTW...I've told all the mods and as many posters as I can @nilephelan that your name is never to be used in the title of a daily number thread.  You have our word it will not and if someone starts it with your name, it will be removed immediately.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

BTW...I've told all the mods and as many posters as I can @nilephelan that your name is never to be used in the title of a daily number thread.  You have our word it will not and if someone starts it with your name, it will be removed immediately.

hmm WHy? he has prety good number all the time  did i miss something?

Just now, Bonenash said:

hmm WHy? he has prety good number all the time  did i miss something?

His request.  He wants to remain anonymous.