Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Still amazed that anybody thinks 25 Million is good number for Tarzan,considering the budget and bad reviews. BUt I have noted that a lot of people post things like "Good" or "Solid" opening about a film without taking the budget into consideration.

For a low budget film like The Shallows,25 Million would be a wonderful opening, for a 180 Milliiion dollar tentpole like Tarzan, it's a disaster.

A lot of people, frankly, seem to have trouble with the concept that big budget, CGI heavy action film can actually bomb at the box office.

Nothing surprises me anymore here, Civil War's Opening bored everyone out of their fucking mind because it didn't reach their precious 200m round number.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

But they were partially sold on his nsme.

Yeah, I'm aware, but Spielberg was also involved in producing some disappointments around that Spielberg (Young Sherlock Holmes for example), so nobody's perfect. I'm just saying that Spielberg wasn't the sole reason for those films success, he was just one of many things.

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

The glory of Spielberg. Man directed/produced everyone's favorite movie when they were a kid in the 80s/90s

Spielberg is a cinema god. I will never not deny that.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Spielberg is a cinema god. I will never not deny that.

Spielberg knew where to put his money and how to make a movie. He was killer in the cartoon market in the 90s. and the 80s, pretty much any quality family film had his name attached.

Spoiler

yes, I'm exaggerating.

Spoiler

Not really. :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Yeah, I'm aware, but Spielberg was also involved in producing some disappointments around that Spielberg (Young Sherlock Holmes for example), so nobody's perfect. I'm just saying that Spielberg wasn't the sole reason for those films success, he was just one of many things.

Disappointing how?

Young Sherlock Holmes is a got damn masterpiece. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Disappointing how?

Young Sherlock Holmes is a got damn masterpiece. 

Box office wise. It didn't so well financially.

Young Sherlock Holmes is an okay movie, featuring some great groundbreaking special effects for it's time, and a terrific score by the massively underrated Bruce Broughton. I'm not saying I found it disappointing personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Purge 3 OW > IDR OW? :kitschjob:

You were right, CJohn.

I should've invested in Purge instead of IDR. :sadben:

I can't believe I forgot to buy Purge 3 :sadben: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahnamahna said:

Purge 3 is on pace for a possibly $40 million+ 4-day, so that should help. 

July 2016 might get on a roll: Purge 3 $80 million+, Pets $270 million+, Ghostbusters $130 million+, Star Trek 3 $160 million+, Ice Age 5 $110 million+, Bourne 5 $200 million+, Bad Moms $70 million+

June was so barren that I could see July and the first half of August doing better than expected. 

I m expecting more from Suicide Squad!

16 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Spielberg directed BTTF, and Gremlins? That I was not aware. :P

Think you might wanna make clarifying which films he produced and directed, just a bit. There are some naive people who actually think he directed BTTF.

BTTF wouldn't have been produced if not for Spielberg's clout. Zemeckis/Gale could hardly get anyone to take a look at it. Everyone either thought it was too kid-friendly or in Disney's case, too adult. Romancing the Stone and Spielberg's name were the only two factors that got BTTF a greenlight. 

And he directed a couple scenes of The Goonies, and played a heavy role in the production of Roger Rabbit (getting Bugs Bunny, etc. into the film). 

I should have been clear, though. 

• Like 1

Just now, mahnamahna said:

BTTF wouldn't have been produced if not for Spielberg's clout. Zemeckis/Gale could hardly get anyone to take a look at it. Everyone either thought it was too kid-friendly or in Disney's case, too adult. Romancing the Stone and Spielberg's name were the only two factors that got BTTF a greenlight. 

And he directed a couple scenes of The Goonies, and played a heavy role in the production of Roger Rabbit (getting Bugs Bunny, etc. into the film). 

I should have been clear, though. 

Yeah, I know. I was kinda joking, and pointing thta out. His name as a producer has just as much clout as it did as a director back in the 80's, there's no doubt about that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grim22 said:

How do these things keep happening?

Pretty insane.  I guess more than a few people picking trailers are asleep at the wheel... but you know Sony has to be loving the free pub that Sausage Party is getting from this.

18 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Spielberg knew where to put his money and how to make a movie. He was killer in the cartoon market in the 90s. and the 80s, pretty much any quality family film had his name attached.

Reveal hidden contents

Lol, when I was growing up I watched a lot of movies Spielberg was involved with. For many years, before I really become a film fan, he was pretty much the only director I was actually familiar with.

Lol, when I was growing up I watched a lot of movies Spielberg was involved with. For many years, before I really become a film fan, he was pretty much the only director I was actually familiar with.

Man, this post before editing had so much potential for jokes :ph34r:

• Like 1

Lol, when I was growing up I watched a lot of movies Spielberg was involved with. For many years, he was pretty much the only director I was involved with.

Spielberg is perhaps my second favorite Director. And easily my favorite Producer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatOneGuy said:

The BFG will win every award ever and break box office records

Hey man, you're trying to hard.  It just seems like a copycat of the FSoJ/Warcraft berserks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Pandaren said:

Hey man, you're trying to hard.  It just seems like a copycat of the FSoJ/Warcraft berserks.

One of them created by you :ph34r:

• Like 2