Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

Just now, Free State of Tele said:

BFG is not only a family movie, it's gonna skew pretty young. 775k isn't terrible at all -- almost all parents won't be taking their kids to a movie that's gonna keep 'em up way past their bedtime. (And a 7pm

start will do just that).

True...

I think I had my expectations set up a bit too high

I saw the first purge, and it had a nice concept, but the movie just turned into a generic home invasion thriller. Completely shitting all over an inventive concept. Purge Anarchy seemed like the movie 'we wanted,' but I just couldn't get into it after a disappointing first one.

You should really watch the second movie if you liked the concept, Anarchy is a million times better than the first Purge movie.

9 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

BFG is not only a family movie, it's gonna skew pretty young. 775k isn't terrible at all -- almost all parents won't be taking their kids to a movie that's gonna keep 'em up way past their bedtime. (And a 7pm

start will do just that).

Still not sure Mark Rylance s giant CG (ugly) face is the stuff that will enchant children ... but ET was ugly AF too so you never know ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

yeah I'm confused why people are saying Tarzan's numbers are good. 

The only successful version of these lie action remakes are the Disney versions. Other studios should stop making them. The little mermaid one that universal wants to make will bomb as well. 

How will Universal be remaking a classic Disney film? :huh:

15 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Ok, I admit, I am massively disappointed with the numbers for The BFG.  Looks like Spielberg isn't a guaranteed draw anymore :( 

Spielberg's had flops before. Besides films these days are more successful based off concept /  marketing then anything else.