Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

7 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

Just so everyone knows, my little cousin has the best film taste of any child ever. Her favorite things to watch are Frozen (acceptable), The Good Dinosaur (wonderful), and  

Wallace and Gromit. (fantastic:wub:)

Wallace and Gromit is a good choice, but every kid in the world likes Frozen, and The Good Dinosaur was mediocre.

Sorry to say, but your cousin doesn't have the best taste of any child ever :redcapes: 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

It's an average movie. Jake is good in it, but that's about it. Story is really cliched.  

After watching the movie I agree with you.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It sucks ass

It's not great but Gyllenhaal is too good (Whitaker as well to a lesser extent) for it to suck ass. I wouldn't call any film with a good acting performance sucky no matter how bad the rest of the film is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Wallace and Gromit is a good choice, but every kid in the world likes Frozen, and The Good Dinosaur was mediocre.

Sorry to say, but your cousin doesn't have the best taste of any child ever :redcapes: 

She also likes Shaun the Sheep and quotes Zootopia often!:P

CmVuTeeUMAA_laV.jpg:large

This is currently trending on Facebook. I wonder if this could catch on like Deadpool did when that test footage was released?

I'm so down for this idea. Anna Kendrick can banter off the others really well and yeah it does look pretty awesome here even though the character is ridiculous. But Marvel/Disney loves it's comic relief!

• Like 3

Age is a number. I'm 24 and my three favorite films of the decade are Inception, The Martian, and Frozen.

Although given my avatar I should have been born back in Tele's day.

Edited by ChiSoxRox

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

CmVuTeeUMAA_laV.jpg:large

This is currently trending on Facebook. I wonder if this could catch on like Deadpool did when that test footage was released?

I'm so down for this idea. Anna Kendrick can banter off the others really well and yeah it does look pretty awesome here even though the character is ridiculous. But Marvel/Disney loves it's comic relief!

I can't be the only one who thinks that poster looks absolutely mortifying. 

Also Deadpool is one of Marvel's best selling comic book characters. And when the test footage was released a lot of people were asking for a Deadpool film done correctly. I don't think anyone is asking for a Squirrel Girl film so I don't see this having the same effect. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I can't be the only one who thinks that poster looks absolutely mortifying. 

Unless you don't find her attractive, ignore the tail and it's pretty hot. Then it's just a woman wearing clip on animal ears dressed up like a Rescue Ranger lol

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Unless you don't find her attractive, ignore the tail and it's pretty hot. Then it's just a woman wearing clip on animal ears dressed up like a Rescue Ranger lol

She's okay to me. But I'm not even talking about whether she is attractive or not. I'm talking about the eyes and the mouth coupled with the squirrels....I don't know it looks mortifying. 

Just now, department store basement said:

So basically she's a fan of Aardman and Disney/Pixar. Pretty typical.

My taste was so different from everyone else's during childhood because my favorite cartoons were Hanna-Barbera shows.

Aardman isn't really typical. Illumination, DreamWorks, WDAS, Pixar and Blue Sky are the typical ones: just about every parent shows their kids the major releases.

But Aardman, Studio Ghibli and Laika are kinda niche. Most kids wouldn't ask to see one of their films solely due to the brand. And their films tend to appeal moreso to teens/adults than actual children. 

4 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Aardman isn't really typical. Illumination, DreamWorks, WDAS, Pixar and Blue Sky are the typical ones: just about every parent shows their kids the major releases.

But Aardman, Studio Ghibli and Laika are kinda niche. Most kids wouldn't ask to see one of their films solely due to the brand. And their films tend to appeal moreso to teens/adults than actual children. 

I wasn't talking about the Aardman films, which aren't that popular other than Chicken Run. I was referring to the shorts - everyone younger than me has seen A Close Shave, A Grand Day Out, and The Wrong Trousers. Probably the most famous animated shorts other than Looney Tunes and some of the Disney shorts.

• Like 2