WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

Just now, Baumer said:

Despised Up. TS1 was fine and I loved IO

I specifically remember Up on the shortlist in a conversation awhile back about if you liked any Pixar films, I believe you even said Dug was their best character ever. And I think you said you appreciated TS1 and they shouldn't have ruined it with the dumb sequels or something to that extent. 

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dory is holding how I expected it to. Shitty hold for Tarzan, it's going to drop 61%

You cant trust deadlines matinee projections. they said dory 62m 2 weeks ago, we knew it would be over 70m blindfolded

I don't see how Tarzan does 15m with a 3,9m Thursday with no theater loss

Just now, filmlover said:

This time next year everyone will be busy going nutty over the new Nolan movie starring that guy from One Direction.

Hopefully that takes the new original OW record from SLOP :redcapes: 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

If this does 90M it'll need a 3.33x to hit 300M. Going to be some very interesting leg watching on this one.

Would like to see it hit 100 with that multi so it can maybe beat Minions. It needs to cease and desist before it gets another 5m further to Zootopia though, lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Would like to see it hit 100 with that multi so it can maybe beat Minions. It needs to cease and desist before it gets another 5m further to Zootopia though, lol. 

Or worse, IO :ohmygod::kitschjob::sadben: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

If this does 90M it'll need a 3.33x to hit 300M. Going to be some very interesting leg watching on this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if it fails to hit $300m. It'll still be a huge hit for Universal and Illumination given the budget. 

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

2ND UPDATE, 12:30PM: Illumination/Universal’s The Secret Life of Pets is raising the summer box office out of its doldrums this weekend with a three-day weekend between $90M-$100M. That’s the current industry estimate off of Friday matinees. Today alone, the original animated pic by directors Yarrow Cheney and Chris Renaud is looking at $35M-$36M, which is about what Despicable Me 2 made on its first day (which was a Wednesday – $35M). Last year at this time, Illumination/Uni’s Minions opened to $115M. Whenever animated features put up these type of figures, it also means that they’re playing strongly into the evening. Also, since Pets is starting out this high at the box office, will it beat Sony’s Ghostbusters for the No. 1 spot next weekend? Maybe.

Disney/Pixar’s Finding Dory is looking at $21M-$22M in its fourth weekend, which would bring it’s running domestic cume on Sunday to $437M, making it the highest grossing Disney animated or Pixar film ever at the domestic B.O., clicking past Toy Story 3 ($415M) and The Lion King ($422.7M). Next record for Dory to topple: Shrek 2 which is the highest grossing animated pic stateside of all-time at $441.2M.

Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s The Legend of Tarzan is poised to take in a second weekend that’s in the vicinity of $15M raising its 10-day cume to $75.8M.

20th Century Fox’s R-rated Zac Efron-Adam Devine-Anna Kendrick-Aubrey Plaza comedy Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates is looking to file a $5M-$6M Friday and $13M-$14M opening weekend.

Useless...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If SLOP follows Minions:

36M

30.4M

24.1M

90.5M

100k above IO :ohmyzod: 

Come on dude. Why would it follow Minions? 

• Like 1

So what's next this summer:

"Fuck them lady Ghostbusters."

"Fuck them Klingons."

"Fuck that squirrel."

"Fuck Matt Damon."

"Fuck them mothers." (or is it "them motherfuckers"?)

"Fuck them bad guys."

"Fuck that boy's dragon."

"Fuck that sausage."

"Fuck Miles Teller."

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

Do you like Monsters, Inc? Just curious.

The first was ok and I hated the second.

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I specifically remember Up on the shortlist in a conversation awhile back about if you liked any Pixar films, I believe you even said Dug was their best character ever. And I think you said you appreciated TS1 and they shouldn't have ruined it with the dumb sequels or something to that extent. 

I never said anything like that about Up

Right now, DHD actually has a daily preview multiplier worse than Minions. I think it could still get to low 40s, but even then, it should barely just get over $100m with such numbers. It's too early to tell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

"Fuck them Klingons."

"Fuck that squirrel."

"Fuck Matt Damon."

"Fuck them bad guys."

"Fuck that sausage."

"Fuck Miles Teller."

"Fuck blind people" for Don't Breathe should be a very interesting weekend

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

"Fuck them Klingons."

"Fuck that squirrel."

"Fuck Matt Damon."

"Fuck them bad guys."

"Fuck that sausage."

"Fuck Miles Teller."

:redcapes:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ThatOneGuy said:

"Fuck blind people" for Don't Breathe should be a very interesting weekend

I hope we get someone saying "Fuck Meryl Streep, Goddess of Acting" when Florence Foster Jenkins opens.