grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Nothing would make me laugh more than if Bad Moms opened to $30M+ and caused the whole forum to wonder why.

I'm not certain that movie is going to even approach the realm of good  but everything Kathryn Hahn says in those trailers makes me laugh.

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm not certain that movie is going to even approach the realm of good  but everything Kathryn Hahn says in those trailers makes me laugh.

Kathryn Hahn is always the best thing about anything she's in. She needs a proper breakout role ala Melissa in Bridesmaids.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

I'm surprised that Kathryn Hahn hasn't gotten an opportunity for a breakout since her scene-stealing performance in Step Brothers. She was freaking hilarious in that one. :lol:

That bathroom sex scene, oh my god.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blanks McCoy said:

That would be such a waste of the property. Don't treat it like a Nicktoon, treat like a superhero movie that could be done at around 100M budget. I could see it breaking out with a solid marketing campaign and a good director/popular actor cast as Danny. Like maybe Dylan O'Brien.

I agree it could make a good movie, but I'm guessing that a live-action Danny Phantom film is the last thing on a paramount executive's mind.

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Just totally remembered I got a trailer for Truth today at Ghostbusters.

Didn't that come out last year?

With Blanchett and Redford? Uh yeah.

Have you been Inceptioned by time or something?

Brrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

That bathroom sex scene, oh my god.

"Wow... you're incredible!"

I'm as surprised as anyone that Step Brothers is still being quoted eight years later. It's still as paper-thin as it ever was, but damn it was funny.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

With Blanchett and Redford? Uh yeah.

Have you been Inceptioned by time or something?

Brrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm.

It was very strange. But it played. Maybe they just attach it to every Sony movie and forgot

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

"Wow... you're incredible!"

I'm as surprised as anyone that Step Brothers is still being quoted eight years later. It's still as paper-thin as it ever was, but damn it was funny.

"Why are you so sweaty?"

"I was watching Cops!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

It was very strange. But it played. Maybe they just attach it to every Sony movie and forgot

Nothing will beat when that Uma Thurman comedy The Accidental Husband released a trailer at the end of 2007 and then continued to have posters up at the theaters as it got repeatedly delayed and then stayed up even when it finally went straight to DVD at the end of 2009.

Chastain killed it in Tree of Life, Zero Dark Thirty, and A Most Violent Year. Whenever she wins an Oscar, it will definitely be well-deserved.

...unless, like Amy Adams, she ends up getting a handful of nominations with no wins. :angry:

Just now, Webslinger said:

Chastain killed it in Tree of Life, Zero Dark Thirty, and A Most Violent Year. Whenever she wins an Oscar, it will definitely be well-deserved.

...unless, like Amy Adams, she ends up getting a handful of nominations with no wins. :angry:

I think Adams moment will come soon (though probably not this year: I doubt Arrival or Nocturnal Animals will go too far with the Academy despite their pedigrees). Finally getting a Lead nomination after four in Supporting should push her in that direction.

I keep forgetting that Amy Adams had not been nominated for Best Actress prior to American Hustle. Must be the fact that I thought she should have been nominated (and won) for Enchanted in 2007... ;)

• Like 2