grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

Just now, UrosepsisFace said:

I think Dr. Strange and Fantastic Beasts are being underestimated here. Animation this year seems to be king, but I think these two could top Moana.

And I think Moana and Billy Lynn could upset both that month. :lol:

Moana - 315m

Beasts - 240m

Billy Lynn - 210m

Strange - 160m

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

And I think Moana and Billy Lynn could upset both that month. :lol:

Moana - 315m

Beasts - 240m

Billy Lynn - 210m

Strange - 160m

Billy Lynn will do 1/4 of that.

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

:rofl:

Hey, 220 million is great for any film, but I don't see why the predictions of Moana at 300 million when Big Hero 6 did 220 million. BH6 was based on super-heroes, had a ton of praise, and faced weaker competition. Moana will be following Dr. Strange and Beasts and will be followed by Rogue One and Sing, Assassin's Creed, and Passengers.

Also, I think Sing is being highly underestimated. Talking animals is one thing. Animals singing pop songs will change everything. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Billy Lynn has it all to be the adult domestic breakout of the Holiday. American war hero, an Oscar darling director, a little football. WOM could be huge among the older crowd. A mini Blind Side run won't surprise me in the least. 

Are we saying Blind Side meets American Sniper? I could see that as its potential, but I still find your predictions to be bold, but in a good way. Bravo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ghostbusters should have really strong word-of-mouth. There were times where I missed some of the dialogue due to so much laughter from the audience, plus all of the cameos got strong reactions.

Too bad about Egon. RIP.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Billy Lynn has it all to be the adult domestic breakout of the Holiday. American war hero, an Oscar darling director, a little football. WOM could be huge among the older crowd. A mini Blind Side run won't surprise me in the least. 

I think it'll do well but its got a lot of competition, particularly with Arrival coming out the same weekend

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think it'll do well but its got a lot of competition, particularly with Arrival coming out the same weekend

Arrival won't be mainstream if what's been said from advance screenings is true.