baumer

Wed #s (Asgard) Pets: 11.0 FTF: 2.6 LOT: 2.3

29 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't know why Pets would fall hard today. It's been doing that IO all.week so why would Thursday be any different

Thursdays in summer can be wildly inconsistent. It seems like Ted 2 drew less attention from Thursday previews than Ghostbusters probably will, so that may be a factor, but Thursdays, especially in July, can be a bit harsher.

Consider the same week in 2014 and 2015. There wasn't a kids movie drop under 10%. It has followed IO closely over weekdays, but summers are often more variable than one might expect.

23 minutes ago, Agafin said:

It's not following IO though. It's Saturday hold was significantly better than that of both IO and Minions. It's Sunday hold was worse than both. Monday hold was also worse than both. Tuesday was much better than IO but worse than Minions'. And now the Wednesday hold seems to be slightly better than IO and significantly better than Minions'.

It's all over the place really. Which is why I went with an intermediary performance between them.

On the whole it's better than IO. Bigger Tuesday bump and a softer Wednesday drop.

Yah, it wasn't IO's first week that was special.  It were those 2nd and third weekend and weekday holds and how quickly it rebounded 1 week after Minions opened.  It's weekday holds after week 1 were insane. I think Pets will have a run somewhere between the 2 unless we see an insane type IO 2nd weekend hold which would give it a 67-68 weekend.  

Edited by Planodisney

9 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Fuck Nolan films, fuck Pixar, fuck Star Wars, fuck Lotr and Harry Potter, fuck marvel studios, fuck dc films, fuck horror films, fuck x men, and fuck young adult movies.

Did I do that right?

You forgot "Fuck Disney".

14 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Fuck Nolan films, fuck Pixar, fuck Star Wars, fuck Lotr and Harry Potter, fuck marvel studios, fuck dc films, fuck horror films, fuck x men, and fuck young adult movies.

Did I do that right?

Nolan - yes. his movies are dull.  

Pixar - no. could do with less sequels tho. 

Star Wars - no. But TFA was forgettable. 

HP - eh. 

Marvel - YES. 

DC - yes. 

Horror - no. 

X Men - yes. 

YA movies - the dystopian ones, yes. but there are good ones, like Spectacular Now. 

MTM5NjEwNjM5Nzk3NTkzNjA1.gif

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Nolan - yes. his movies are dull.  

Pixar - no. could do with less sequels tho. 

Star Wars - no. But TFA was forgettable. 

HP - eh. 

Marvel - YES. 

DC - yes. 

Horror - no. 

X Men - yes. 

YA movies - the dystopian ones, yes. but there are good ones, like Spectacular Now. 

MTM5NjEwNjM5Nzk3NTkzNjA1.gif

Biggest one is MS? Get lost. Lol

3 hours ago, Rth said:

ha LOT about 2.3 FTF 2.6 

Way to go Tarzan! Get to $125 if you can!

17 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Did I do that right?

Whew, Star Trek is safe!

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Dory is still on track for $500m. Strong midweek #s and the rest of the Summer will get it there, along w/ a Labor Day Wknd boost. 

Scarlett-Johansson-GIF-08.gif

What the hell is this from? I'm not sure I get it's meaning for Dory? It's...tearing up the box office? 

Just now, Captain Craig said:

What the hell is this from? I'm not sure I get it's meaning for Dory? It's...tearing up the box office? 

It's from Match Point, the movie that resurrected Woody Allen's career. 

And idk, I figured people were just posting sexual Scarlett gifs...because why not? 

• Like 1

DORY is still on track for 500m. It's first few days have shown what GA thinks of the movie and once PETS slows down a little DORY's late legs will be very strong imo.

500m obviously is not a lock.

But 480m is a lock imo.

490m is pretty likely.

Look at late legs/expansions of movies like,

BRAVE - http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=bearandthebow.htm

TANGLED - http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=rapunzel.htm

IOhttp://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=pixar2014.htm

and you'll see why 500m is still on track.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

@Baumer 

That's mildly amusing.  But the question is how did he get all those beautiful women to participate in this?  That's pretty awesome.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is expecting Pets to have an IO like near 4 multiplier.  IO was really something special.  Pixar's best film imo.  But I think Pet's is liked enough that it will get a 3.2-3.3X.  330-340 seems doable.

• Like 1

Just now, Jason said:

Sounds like really wishful thinking to me. :)

Well, yes, you are right.

FTSBF

• Like 1