baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The Bourne Ultimatum

only had two trailers the first being released in May that year 

Rogue Nation also had two trailers and tv spots. Not even a superbowl ad 

Rogue Nation also pushed the release up like 5 months before release. There wasn't even time to have more trailers than that really. Their marketing plans must have been adjusted on the fly.

I'm surprised Bourne never got a 2nd trailer. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, philyb said:

Is there a reason the BO has been so poor this summer? ST numbers are good for this summer, but poor in comparison. Even movies that made a ton of money feel like they under performed.

Only animated movies seem to have avoided it.

The product itself for the most part.

20 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Speaking of GLADIATOR and BRAVEHEART, the Children of Tendu themselves, Javier Grillo-Marxuach and Jose Molina, came out in costume at SDCC to debate which was better: Javier as a gladiator, Jose as a Pict-painted Scot. 

:rofl: 

Saw that. Their panel was apparently pretty awesome. Love that podcast

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Tele you're speaking Greek right there.  WTH are you saying? :)

:ph34r: 

The two guys are co-EP-level writers who have a podcast on writing for TV (which is why they're at SDCC). They're major geeks and a couple of weeks ago started goofing around and arguing which movie was better. They said they had something special planned for CC, I guess this was it. :lol: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jessie said:

So I'm assuming you like gladiator? I literally arrived home at 2.30am, decided to stick gladiator on whilst I ate the rest of my thai curry then ended up getting hooked. By 5.am I was still up and had tears running down my stupid face sobbing like a girl  

Maximus is one of the best movie hero's of all time and that film is timeless. So many great iconic lines that give you goosebumps. 

Gladiator had no script and most of Maximus iconic lines are from Russel Crow himself.

27 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Speaking of GLADIATOR and BRAVEHEART, the Children of Tendu themselves, Javier Grillo-Marxuach and Jose Molina, came out in costume at SDCC to debate which was better: Javier as a gladiator, Jose as a Pict-painted Scot. 

:rofl: 

Both are among my favorite movies ever. If i had to pick i'd go with Braveheart.

• Like 1