baumer

NP Tuesday Numbers (TREK) 7.0

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Do many theatres in the States do discount Tuesday? Man, their midweek business must suck if they don't.

Any chance Nerve does 3.5-4M+ today?

Cinemark has them at all of their theaters and Regal has slowly been expanding it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Do many theatres in the States do discount Tuesday? Man, their midweek business must suck if they don't.

Yes, there are quite a few that do. Might not be as common as it is in Canada, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I did spot two sell-outs (everywhere has it on one screen) tonight so I'd say so.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Honestly that preview number for Nerve could mean 5M

The only thing that concerns me was that the previews were a Tuesday. I know it isn't common at my theatre but when we have previews on a Tuesday, the tickets aren't always discounted. Either way, that and the fact that the movie targets a teen demo could inflate numbers. I'd say 4 i the target, but I wouldn't be completely against 5.

Before the preview number came in I thought Nerve was headed to $15M in total instead of opening so it's nice to have a surprise in such an uneventful summer. Guess the teens needed a movie to latch on to that wasn't a franchise title.

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The only thing that concerns me was that the previews were a Tuesday. I know it isn't common at my theatre but when we have previews on a Tuesday, the tickets aren't always discounted. Either way, that and the fact that the movie targets a teen demo could inflate numbers. I'd say 4 i the target, but I wouldn't be completely against 5.

Vacation had the same amount in previews and got a 3.8M OD, I think that is a logical target.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Before the preview number came in I thought Nerve was headed to $15M in total instead of opening so it's nice to have a surprise in such an uneventful summer. Guess the teens needed a movie to latch on to that wasn't a franchise title.

I guess the marketing of having that snapchat filter really worked :P