DAJK

Wednesday: Nerve - $3.75M (1.1M previews), Trek 4.9M, Pets 3.8M

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Star Trek Beyond, which earned nearly $5 million. 

chris farley dafuq reactions what the fuck horrified

Fuck you America.

Taking 5M as Wednesday, absolute best case for the weekend is 27-28M. (68% jump on Friday, 35% on Saturday and just a 25% drop on Sunday)

Beyond is probably the last Star Trek movie we're going to get :sadben: This really sucks because Star Trek is the only GOOD major sci-fi franchise (not counting GOTG) left that isn't SW. Avatar 2 will probably be meh, Alien Covenant could go either way, and Valerian is probably a bomb. But hey, we're going to get 5 more SLOP movies!

I saw a grand total of 1 trailer for Nerve at the theaters. And I have been to the theatre quite a bit this summer. I too thought this would be a film that would be maybe 10 million total or even less. The fact that it's going to make around $15M in its first five days is pretty incredible to me.

• Like 1

After a 55.5m OW, MI5 had a 7.2m Tue and a 5.2m Wed, and did 28.5m over the 2nd weekend.

After a 59.2m OW, STB has had a 7m Tue and a 5m Wed. 26-27m 2nd weekend looks likely.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

@K1stpierre see there is your problem with men right there. Maybe you are falling in lust with the wrong team LOL.

ITS OKAY. ME AND ZACK CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. ILL FIGURE SOMETHING OUT. :ph34r: 

But this situation did happen to me in college one time........legit, super awkward. 

• Like 1

Jul 29: 26.7M (11M weekdays, 119.7M Total)

Aug 5: 12M (6M weekdays, 137.7M Total)

Aug 12: 7.2M (3.6M weekdays, 148.5M Total)

Aug 19: 4.5M (2.3M weekdays, 155.3M Total)

Aug 26: 3.1M (1.6M weekdays, 160M Total)

Sep 2: 2.2M (1.4M weekdays, 163.6M Total)

Sep 9: 1.3M (800k weekdays, 165.7M Total)

Final Total: 170M (2.86x)

This couldl be one of only three Trek movies to not hit a 3x.

Edited by WrathOfHan

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I saw a grand total of 1 trailer for Nerve at the theaters. And I have been to the theatre quite a bit this summer. I too thought this would be a film that would be maybe 10 million total or even less. The fact that it's going to make around $15M in its first five days is pretty incredible to me.

I only saw the trailer once. Well twice. Because I watched The Shallows twice and it played before it both times. Otherwise the only thing I saw was social media advertising. I don't even remember seeing TV ads or anything. Then again I'm not the target demographic so they probably existed just not on the channels that I watch lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

After a 55.5m OW, MI5 had a 7.2m Tue and a 5.2m Wed, and did 28.5m over the 2nd weekend.

After a 59.2m OW, STB has had a 7m Tue and a 5m Wed. 26-27m 2nd weekend looks likely.

Kinda disappointing considering the last 2 treks didn't drop more than 50% from their FSS weekends.