DAJK

Wednesday: Nerve - $3.75M (1.1M previews), Trek 4.9M, Pets 3.8M

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

It makes sense. It had $1.1M in previews so $4.8-1.1 is $3.7M so it had a $3.7M Wednesday. 

No yeah exactly, but did it get mixed up and the movie actually did 3.75-1.1 = 2.65 true Wednesday. That would be similar to Vacation and I think that's the actual number.

Just now, DAJK said:

No yeah exactly, but did it get mixed up and the movie actually did 3.75-1.1 = 2.65 true Wednesday. That would be similar to Vacation and I think that's the actual number.

The article says it did $3.75M in its full day of release and $4.8M total. So $3.75M is its full day and then add in the previews to get the $4.8M total. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-nerve-strikes-38m-915250

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

The article says it did $3.75M in its full day of release and $4.8M total. So $3.75M is its full day and then add in the previews to get the $4.8M total. 

"Wednesday's gross included $1.1 million grossed in Tuesday-night previews."

Just like @Krissykins said; I mean I would have been pretty happy with 4.8M.

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Okay I have no idea because THr says that's it's $3.8M Wednesday includes previews and that it's headed for a $13-15M five day debut at that pace. 

1 minute ago, VinceMichaudC said:

That's a pretty good start for Nerve no?

Depends on which number it is. If it's $3.8M including previews it made $2.7M for a real Wednesday which is low for a preview number of $1.1M imo. If it's actually a $3.8M not including previews then it's a very good start. 

• Like 1

Tuesday previews also benefit from discount Tuesday. Then 3.75 inclusive of previews makes sense. Weds are shitty after all with Tuesdays attracting people more and more.

so the $3.75 does include the previews so it had a $2.65 for the actual Wednesday.  Yeah, not the worst, but still better than I ever though it would do

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Tuesday previews also benefit from discount Tuesday. Then 3.75 inclusive of previews makes sense. Weds are shitty after all with Tuesdays attracting people more and more.

1 minute ago, 75live said:

so the $3.75 does include the previews so it had a $2.65 for the actual Wednesday.  Yeah, not the worst, but still better than I ever though it would do

Exact same previews and exact same Wednesday number as Vacation from last year with the same release date. 

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Exact same previews and exact same Wednesday number as Vacation from last year with the same release date. 

Vacation went on to do $58M domestic. I know Deadline and others have used it as a comparison but Vacation is an R-rated comedy. Nerve is a PG-13 Pokemon Go type movie that has thus far attracted young females. I can see Nerve opening similarly. A $14-15M five day but I don't see it having the same multiplier. 

Sorry meant $14-15M three day lol 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1