MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

What died was probably your last bit of taste considering you loved ID2.  :lol:

CJohn loves anything that features a lot of special effects and heavy explosives, so that's absolutely not surprising at all. 

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

People are also predicting it to be the leggiest Denzel film. I really wonder what's up with some of these predicts

Like, 50/150 would be super great for it

Biggest film for everyone in the cast not named Chris Pratt or Vincent D'Onofrio. Doubling Antoine Fuqua's biggest film ever.

• Like 2

You know, I wouldn't actually be surprised if Storks beats Magnificent 7 on OW. Storks will be the first big animated release for 6 weeks and the only one for 6 weeks as well. I can see both movies opening to around 30-35M.

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

CJohn loves anything that features a lot of special effects and heavy explosives, so that's absolutely not surprising at all. 

I actually liked IDR because it is fucking ridiculous. I can only imagine the screenwriters and Emmerich discussion how could they make everyone scene even more dumb than what already was. The whole fucking is absurd. It is so bad, stupid and awful that it became entertaining. All the characters and the dumbest versions of themselves, including the aliens. The plot is GODDAMN HILARIOUS.  

• Like 2

Just now, grim22 said:

You know, I wouldn't actually be surprised if Storks beats Magnificent 7 on OW. Storks will be the first big animated release for 6 weeks and the only one for 6 weeks as well. I can see both movies opening to around 30-35M.

Storks will be in that range, Mag 7 won't.

2nd UPDATE, 11:44 AM: No surprises this weekend so far in early box office returns as Universal’s Jason Bourne may end the day with around $21M (that would include the $4.3M from last nights previews) and is on track for a $57M gross so far. It is very early yet so depending on this evening’s shows, it has a shot at $60M for director Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon.

Bad Moms, like we mentioned earlier today, has a potential of $30M and early results are showing a $12M day (including the $2M from previews) for a possible $33M three-day run. However, we must caution that later tonight and tomorrow will really be key as group and advanced ticket sales kick in early and the R-rated STX Entertainment film must sustain that momentum through tonight and tomorrow. It’s a great start to a very funny comedy that is bound to have strong legs.

The other newcomer Nerve launched on Tuesday with $1M and in three days has made $6M. It’s on track for a $2.5M day (including the $2M from Thursday night grosses) and a debut of probably around $15M. It’s a PG-13 rated film from Lionsgate and really caters almost entirely to the young female demo. 

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

I actually liked IDR because it is fucking ridiculous. I can only imagine the screenwriters and Emmerich discussion how could they make everyone scene even more dumb than what already was. The whole fucking is absurd. It is so bad, stupid and awful that it became entertaining. All the characters and the dumbest versions of themselves, including the aliens. The plot is GODDAMN HILARIOUS.  

It sorta sounds hilarious, although I've been told, it's kind of a bore. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Storks will be in that range, Mag 7 won't.

You are the one who believes in trailer views and drop offs from that indicating interest. The teaser trailer for Mag7 had 10M views, the official trailer has only 3M. I just don't see the breakout coming. It will end around 120-130M.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

You are the one who believes in trailer views and drop offs from that indicating interest. The teaser trailer for Mag7 had 10M views, the official trailer has only 3M. I just don't see the breakout coming. It will end around 120-130M.

......Oh :kitschjob: I'm still on the biggest western train for now though

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Actually those legs mean besides fanboys the GA wasn't all that pleased with Civil War :redcapes:

I won't even mention critics since they are trash, their opinions to not matter in the slightest. Those people have no taste. 

No great movie has ever been frontloaded, CJohn? :jeb!:

And most movies with over 80% on RT aren't often much better than movies under 50%? :apocalypse:

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The other newcomer Nerve launched on Tuesday with $1M and in three days has made $6M. It’s on track for a $2.5M day (including the $2M from Thursday night grosses) and a debut of probably around $15M. It’s a PG-13 rated film from Lionsgate and really caters almost entirely to the young female demo. 

This is the most nonsense thing I have ever read.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

It sorta sounds hilarious, although I've been told, it's kind of a bore. 

That is the problem, it is didn't bored me. It was stupid and dumb and hilarious from start to finish. 

• Like 1