CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

46 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Wonder Woman will open lower because of its release date but $100m OW in June is still great. 

Shazam while part of the DCEU is being made by New Line Cinema so I'll think it'll still be made since its part of their slate and not Warner Bros 

Shazam will probably be released under the WB banner though, since WB owns New Line.

If you look at every other OD over 50m, it's either a sequel or part of an established franchise except the first Hunger Games. While SS is part of a franchise, the connection to BvS was extremely hard to tell just going off the marketing since all of the characters had yet to be introduced in DCEU. I doubt that many of the casual GA even realized it's part of a cinematic universe. Unlike say TA, which of course was kind impossible not to tell was connected to several movies that had come out prior. So my point being, SS is essentially among company with only the first Hunger Games for non-sequel ODs. Impressive. 

Edited by MovieMan89

44 minutes ago, trifle said:

Superman is supposed to be a completely well adjusted small town farm boy, with idealistic, wholesome values, who gets somewhat isolated in his teens due to his powers and needing to hide them, but is completely integrated into Smallville society.  He embodies all things good.  He may struggle with right v wrong (to illustrate the ethical issue) but always does the right thing inspiring others.  I don't care what 'times' we are in, if you like classic Superman, that is who you like, not some emo personality.  To me, if you like Cavill/Snyder's Superman, it is a different character who they can have, but they should call him something else, imho, and change his clothes.  I have no problem with them creating whatever new character they want, but I want Superman if I go to a Superman movie.

Clearly we disagree, but I WANT the good v bad or even good v weak/situational ethics.  Superman is supposed to highlight that dichotomy and inspire those around him to better things.  I'd argue that might be more valuable than ever, in 'these times.'

75f5c45eb963798caa496cac621729bf.jpg

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

We all knew this would be having a big drop this weekend, but 67%? Holy shit.

RIP. Bourne and Beyond will both end below X-Men.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

If you look at every other OD over 50m, it's either a sequel or part of an established franchise except the first Hunger Games. While SS is part of a franchise, the connection to BvS was extremely hard to tell just going off the marketing since all of the characters had yet to be introduced in DCEU. I doubt that many of the casual GA even realized it's part of a cinematic universe. Unlike say TA, which of course was kind impossible not to tell was connected to several movies that had come out prior. So my point being, SS is essentially among company with only the first Hunger Games for non-sequel ODs. Impressive. 

In the second trailer Batman is shown and Superman is mentioned, I really don't buy the "it's really an original!" argument. 

• Like 2

Just now, John Marston said:

Yeah to to be fair even Bourne can recover next weekend due to lack of competion

Pete's Dragon and Sausage Party are likely taking 2+ screens each at mid-size theaters; Bourne will be gone from all smaller theaters by August 19

Well I will see Squad later today-hopefully this storm will let down!

I'm not expecting it to be as good as something like the Avengers, I don't let RT tell me what to see :P (I do think fanboys are taking it too far)

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Pete's Dragon and Sausage Party are likely taking 2+ screens each at mid-size theaters; Bourne will be gone from all smaller theaters by August 19

Well ll so will Trek so I don't see how that can hold good then. The point is is won't have any direct competion and the new movies will

likely open low