CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

7 hours ago, nilephelan said:

It all depends what their actual costs were.  Some rumblings out there it was closer to $250m plus marketing, points and all that other stuff.  If that is the case, they would want to see it make somewhere around $800m in theaters to feel great about it.  

They have gotten silly with the budgets lately.  It shouldn't cost $175m-$250m in production costs to make Suicide Squad.  

Nilephelan kindly responded to my question about this, fracfar.  (page 82)

Edited by superweirdo87

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

cinemascore is not really a good indicator for legs.....Gone girl gets B+ but still gross to 4.5 multiple....let alone that hyper-hold inception 

And also different rules apply to CBMs and other superfan driven films.

Edited by Jay Beezy

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

cinemascore is not really a good indicator for legs.....Gone girl gets B+ but still gross to 4.5 multiple....let alone that hyper-hold inception 

Cinemascore also depends on the genre of film. For example a horror film getting a B+ is really good whereas a comic book film getting a B+ is average for the genre. So its never good to compare films with the same grades across genres. 

For movies like Gone Girl and Inception a B+ is very good. Or another example, The Town also received a B+ but again for that type of film it's really good. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

LIGHTS OUT

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

You can't go wrong with any of the films. I liked Lights Out and The Shallows a lot better than Tarzan though. 

Thanks. Is Lights Out better or worse than the Conjuring2?

1 hour ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

This might be a small sample but I asked 12 people from work who'd seen SS and 11 of them said they liked/loved it. I think GA might be kinder to the movie than fans/critics. I give it 7-7.5/10 myself. It's flawed but captivating and fun.

Btw.. I have a free movie ticket which movie should I pick between Lights Out, the Shallows and Tarzan?

The Shallows. 

Huge horror fan. There is nothing in Lights Out that is worth seeing in theaters.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

Worse. Less innovative camera angles. Less engaging characters. Way less tension and way more jump scares.

If you liked the jump scares in the trailer that's really all the movie has. It's not a bad movie or anything, it's just not worth seeing in theaters. It takes place in like 2-3 locations too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

cinemascore is a weak indicator, but somewhat informative. the revenant had a B-, and it still had a solid multiple. one thing is many superhero movies a form of A.

BvS had a straight B, that was a strong indication of weak legs for a CBM. B+ is a coin flip for any franchise film.

Edited by Jay Beezy

1 hour ago, Ohana said:

CinemaScore crowds under 35 gave Suicide Squad an A-, while 76% females gave it an A-. 

Too many ppl love this "piece of shit".
You better get used to it.

I'm not surprised about the under 35 rating at all. This movie had so many urban elements that I'm sure they loved (like...*sigh*...the Croc).

The quick editing and flashy color filters probably kept them off their phones too.

28 minutes ago, Gumby said:

Regarding Suicide Squad (and Ghostbusters), why does it seem to be so hard to come up with a good villain?

To be fair, Marvel movies didn't have many "good" villains. The only one I can think of is Loki and even he was weak in Avengers (IMO of course).

17 minutes ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

It is not as good as Conjuring 2 but it is still a highly creative, tension filled horror movie. I really liked it.

• Like 1