CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Jason Bourne is a soulless cash grab by the studio. Civil War is also a cash grab but made by passionate hands hence it's better. 

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

If

Hide contents

Bourne had died, I would not have cared.

Agree / think the same.

2 hours ago, darkelf said:

Jason Bourne < The Bourne Legacy

IMHO the Jason Bourne movies with Matt Damon are nice action movies, done in visual pleasing way, with a soundtrack I like a lot, but are to a degree also generic in relation to the books (lone wolf,...) and not only because of that they are IMHO horrible 'based-on-the-Ludlum-Borne-books' movies.

Bourne Legacy is far more nearer to the gist / feel.... of the 'real' Bourne books (for me only the books written by the creator of the characters are real Bourne books), even if having some flaws.

It's so seldom a story with action, thrill,... has a strong, mature, interesting, equal in all but the fights... female character included, also older people,... a hero who isn't too prideful to ask for advice or help.... especially at the time of the release of those books.

The female character is a scientist for ... business (forgot the correct term) and a high ranking Canadian government person = that helps him a lot in Switzerland and later on even more. (the input about the banking systems...)

Why had they have to take that away again, such a nice possibility to showcase a strong female character, who isn't a 'male' character, not a fighter, but very strong mentally and in other aspects?

In the books Bourne has a lot of development too, question himself, ... is shown also in private settings, they have kids and others to protect in book 3 and so on.

Different baddies in the books, again a kind of development, as the story enfolds, some parts of those rather unusal and as such interesting too.

Bourne after a while is able to get others to help him, is good at interacting with others to a degree, builds up a kind of team (the wife with high ranking connections, old boss, psychiatrist, brother-in-law, an older French gentleman,...)

Instead they cast in the first movie a way too young and immature appearing actress, whose character has no mental strength in a comparable way, no inside knowledge that might be helpful at times (I do not mean like knowing someone whose house you can use), no own addition to the 'team', than killed her off (in Ludlum's books she is not only surviving but e.g. in Hong Kong even in a way 'fighting' with tricks) at the start of movie 2 and showed no development worth mentioning of the lead character neither...

I watched Bourne 1-4 and am not sure if I'll watch Bourne 5, but if they'll film another Aaron Cross Bourne, I'm in, as I am there still hopeful for a bit betterment (term?), see a chance for improvement.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

As long as men hold the sperm, women will need us. 

No men = no population

Hmmm freezing, cloning,.... not sure about that. Not really seriously meant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

In some of the bigger international markets that this opened in, it's playing more like a sequel with its second day drops. Im interested to see how it does in the states. Because internationally it exploded beating BvS in a lot of countries on OD but then falling harder on its second day. Whereas here it's OD was less than BvS, so I'm hoping for some Saturday numbers in the next few hours to see if the pattern continues or if it here it stabilizes.  

Yep pretty much and not just bigger markets with drps , DOM looking mid 30's maybe Sat, see how eve goes

• Like 32

25 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Looking at 67-70 atm 

= anser to a Saturday est. question. Or was it meant for Sat&Sun? As in after Friday, the rest of the WE?

1 minute ago, Rth said:

Yep pretty much and not just bigger markets with drps , DOM looking mid 30's maybe Sat, see how eve goes

:wacko:  :thinking:  ????

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

= anser to a Saturday est. question. Or was it meant for Sat&Sun? As in after Friday, the rest of the WE?

:wacko:  :thinking:  ????

holy shit 6,666 post

POST RIGHT NOW SATAN

Edited by ThatOneBadguy
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rth said:

Damn, if that's true SS could finish under Dory's OW.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rth said:

Hmm sounds too horrible to be true
In that case it should finish under 135M or even 130M.

• Like 2