CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, Nova said:

And yet the arguement has not been settled so maybe we should settle it once and for all, don't you think? :jeb!:

I believe we need at least 3 more years to analyze every second of Man of Steel. Hopefully we also spend the next 3 years dissecting BvS and Suicide Squad. 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

wait a minute, I thought you said you were one of the ones that likes MOS and were lukewarm on Bvs?

233.gif

I prefer MoS. But BvS is fun even with all the nonsense. Troll Luthor is life, Wonder Woman is fun, Batman is awesome with all his rage and rancor and all that badass shit. 

One thing I loved was how Batman just demolished Supes. In Freddy Vs Jason or Alien Vs Predator they always copped out and had the fights be as even as possible but they didn't even bother here. Thought it was funny.

• Like 4

Just now, CJohn said:

I prefer MoS. But BvS is fun even with all the nonsense. Troll Luthor is life, Wonder Woman is fun, Batman is awesome with all his rage and rancor and all that badass shit. 

BvS is still an entertaining watch despite all its flaws I agree. Unlike Suicide Squad which felt like total incompetency lol

• Like 2

Just now, ddddeeee said:

One thing I loved was how Batman just demolished Supes. In Freddy Vs Jason or Alien Vs Predator they always copped out and had the fights be as even as possible but they didn't even bother here. Thought it was funny.

Yup, he destroys him. I know they play up the kryptonite angle but it was still funny. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I believe we need at least 3 more years to analyze every second of Man of Steel. Hopefully we also spend the next 3 years dissecting BvS and Suicide Squad. 

Another 3 years for MoS means we actually need another 6 years for BvS and SS but because the latter two haven't as well received as MoS, we need to add an additional 3 years to fully analyze those two films. All in all we will have spent 12 years analyzing these films. Time well spent, don't you think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It has to be a typo.  It says through 8.7.16.  In the WW chart they have the current total as $513m

They've got the 132 correct for oversease. The 381 is clearly a typo. Maybe it's mean to be 138, or 128, or 135, or who knows...

Just now, CJohn said:

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what aspect of Suicide Squad people will argue about incessantly for years

Honestly I can't figure it out, I think the movie's dumb enough that people won't take it THAT seriously. But I know I'm wrong

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

BvS is still an entertaining watch despite all its flaws I agree. Unlike Suicide Squad which felt like total incompetency lol

BvS was my favorite action/blockbuster type movie right under Train to Busan. Civil War had the better CGI and action scenes and humor, but BvS felt like a movie made in the 80s. That wins points with me for some reason. I actually felt the same for Suicide Squad at times.

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Suicide Squad is god-awful besides Harley and Deadshot. 

The Hulk is going ape shit through the city so Stark's best course of action is to suit up in some huge Hulk buster armor and go fist for fist. Their first collision was explosive enough to send millions of shards of glass flying through the air and raining down on top of innocent bystanders.

And that's just the beginning. No it doesn't end there. Buildings fall, smoke inhalation,  cloud of dust inhalation. Very nice 9/11 imagery. 

Point is...   we can pick all these movies apart.  Yet BvS is the only one that has issues....  right.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what aspect of Suicide Squad people will argue about incessantly for years

Honestly I can't figure it out, I think the movie's dumb enough that people won't take it THAT seriously. But I know I'm wrong

The belly dance of Cara Delevigne. And I am sure we will dissect every second of The Joker's screentime. 

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Another 3 years for MoS means we actually need another 6 years for BvS and SS but because the latter two haven't as well received as MoS, we need to add an additional 3 years to fully analyze those two films. All in all we will have spent 12 years analyzing these films. Time well spent, don't you think. 

Absolutely. It is all we need in the forum. More DCEU discussion in every weekend and daily numbers thread. 

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

And Man of Steel hasn't aged very well. 

After BvS and SS I actually like it more nowadays. It aged damn fine to me. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Absolutely. It is all we need in the forum. More DCEU discussion in every weekend and daily numbers thread. 

Especially in some of the months coming up ahead. Might as well start calling the threads the DCEU weekend discussion thread :ph34r: