CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

7 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

I think DC brand is much stronger than Marvel.

I don't think Marvel could survive badly reviewed movies. DC fans come out in droves as evidenced by their OW numbers (except of course GL).

Probably true, as a non-comic book fan the DC heroes (and villains) were far more well-known among those who didn't follow comics, with the exception of Spider-Man. This just shows how successful Marvel has been at creating a brand that the GA trusts and will pay their hard-earned money to.

• Like 3

Just now, boomboom234 said:

it made 8 the day before so 42 million last night that better 

"the David Ayer thriller earned $20.8 million on its second day of release in a total of forty markets" 

So it didn't make $42M last night either. 

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Zero doubt in my mind there is a big rush to see it due to how diehard the core base of SS fans are. I think it won't hit as well with the GA and legs will represent that. It's a really nice start having said that.

What core fanbase? these are mostly unknown characters except the joker 

What core fanbase? these are mostly unknown characters except the joker 

Its been proven already in the last several pages that Harley Quinn is DC's second best selling character. 

She's DC's version of Deadpool. 

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Probably true, as a non-comic book fan the DC heroes (and villains) were far more well-known among those who didn't follow comics, with the exception of Spider-Man. This just shows how successful Marvel has been at creating a brand that the GA trusts and will pay their hard-earned money to.

Makes me wonder how Dr. Strange will do.  To me, that movie has flop written all over it if they're not careful with the budget.

But then I haven't been following it at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amrwael22 said:

the initial projections will be huge and people will predict 160M and then it will slow down and open with 125M and people call it a disappointment 

With that Thursday number, opening below Deadpool would be very worrisome.

• Like 2

Just now, Nova said:

Its been proven already in the last several pages that Harley Quinn is DC's second best selling character. 

She's DC's version of Deadpool. 

for comic readers and yes she's big but to the GA while they might have heard of her they won't rush to see her, the marketing made this movie big not the charecters a year ago if you said above 80 on this site you would have been laughed off

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

"the David Ayer thriller earned $20.8 million on its second day of release in a total of forty markets" 

So it didn't make $42M last night either. 

plus 20.5 in the US 

4 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Possibly. But GL had one of the biggest marketing campaigns known to man. WB spared no expense with that movie. I think the marketing budget exceeded the film budget, lol. Nah I'm kidding but it was huge. I remember it being a big deal at that time.

Actually now that I remember its marketing budget was like $200M or something ridiculous. I don't know. Maybe because social media wasn't as big at the time so I didn't feel its affect like Ive felt the social media marketing for SS and BvS. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

yes RT does usually. Doesn't matter as much in OW but it is seen in the legs with the GA. of course there are always outliers.

Wild hogs, not a CBM, is a mystery to me

Tim Allen's last hurrah.

• Like 1

for comic readers and yes she's big but to the GA while they might have heard of her they won't rush to see her, the marketing made this movie big not the charecters a year ago if you said above 80 on this site you would have been laughed off

plus 20.5 in the US 

He was talking about the core fanbase. The core fan base is the comic book readers. 

• Like 1