Nova

Tuesday: Suicide Squad $14.27M

3 minutes ago, Rey said:

I want them to drag the fuck out of GOTG. I doubt it, but I would love for it to happen.

Why? While I'm not a big fan of GOTG, it is way, way better than this ridiculous mess. They are not comparable in quality at all. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

I think Suicide Squad will be one of those movies people appreciate more over time like Batman Returns.

When it first came out people had a knee jerk reaction. Too weird but after a while people grew to appreciate its unique kick.

Ditto. Same outrage over a character sexed up too. NOW people say it's classy, but I do remember some strong criticism over how sexed up Catwoman was. I find it kind of ironic when people say that she was the one that was classy, when I remember the complainings about her character in the magazines I used to read about cinema back then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jb007 said:

Not citing South Korea, where it fell 91% (week on week) on Wednesday?

GotG made 10 million in its entire run in South Korea.

Suicide Squad made 12.5. million as of Aug 10 in South Korea.

There I cited South Korea for you.

24 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

It will not even come close to GOTG either domestic or WW. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jb007 said:

Not citing South Korea, where it fell 91% (week on week) on Wednesday?

52 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

25 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Lol. That's some mighty fine deflecting. 

14 minutes ago, James said:

Of course not. You bias will come in the way. It will stop millions of people from seeing it...

You are absolutely correct. I'm biased against garbage like BvS and SS. Can't help it.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Well, SS is not being released in China and GotG did 677 million outside China. SS can perfectly reach that figure.

And I do not see so clear that SS can not reach GotG DOM. It is really hard, but I would not rule it out yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

Well, SS is not being released in China and GotG did 677 million outside China. SS can perfectly reach that figure.

And I do not see so clear that SS can not reach GotG DOM. It is really hard, but I would not rule it out yet.

I don't see it. Again, that will be decided in the near future one way or the other.

The fact that SS out opened GOTG by 42% and you are indicating that while SS may reach the final gross of GOTG but will be hard. That part is telling as to why it is

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jb007 said:

I don't see it. Again, that will be decided in the near future one way or the other.

The fact that SS out opened GOTG by 42% and you are indicating that while SS may reach the final gross of GOTG but will be hard. That part is telling as to why it is

Sure, but I am not debating about the reasons this will not have GotG legs, which will be worse, but if SS can beat GotG DOM, and meanwhile you said it will not come close, I think SS has a chance to do it.

• Like 2