baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

In case you missed the global update from Gitesh (does not include Wed numbers)

Global update - now up to $326M ww thru TUE incl $165M from intl mkts. Will break $400M FRI & get near $500M by SUN.

Holy shit! Based on these predictions, what do you guys now think the ceiling is for its worldwide gross? It'd be great and ironic if it manages to match BvS final haul of 872M.

• Like 1

43-45, a 66-68% drop IMO.

Considering it's enjoying summer weekdays, a BVS like drop would mean a performance better than BVS (the 10 day total to OW ratio would be better for SS with the same weekend drops due to healthier share of weekdays)

~2.15x for 285-290 is the low-end I think.

~2.25x for 300-305 looks realistic

~2.35x for 315-320 the high end.

3 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

Holy shit! Based on these predictions, what do you guys now think the ceiling is for its worldwide gross? It'd be great and ironic if it manages to match BvS final haul of 872M.

It doesn't have China so not happening.

6 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I think $700m WW is the ceiling and $650m is more likely.  It doesn't have China and after this w/e only has Germany, Austria, Greece and Japan left.

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

I think $700m WW is the ceiling and $650m is more likely.  It doesn't have China and after this w/e only has Germany, Austria, Greece and Japan left.

It's funny that it may have reached BvS's final haul if it had China. Well, on the bright side, China isn't that much of a loss because studios only get back 25% of however much their films gross there.

1 minute ago, BluRayHiDef said:

It's funny that it may have reached BvS's final haul if it had China. Well, on the bright side, China isn't that much of a loss because studios only get back 25% of however much their films gross there.

25% is still greater than 0% though, so it does matter. ;)

• Like 1

If SS manages to make 650-700 million worldwide without China, that's a huge win. 

Anyway, if it's really getting close to 500 million worldwide by the end of this weekend ( according to the report posted above ), then 600 million is a lock. It'll beat X-Men Apocalypse numbers.  

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@BluRayHiDef 

It opened with a 39mil lead over gotg now I think it's 45mil.

For everyday suicide squad seem to be doing a mil or two better each day.

If it can manage to keep a 20mil lead coming out of its third weekend then 350+ is where it will end up.

350M+ for the domestic run? That would be great but also embarassing for BvS.

3 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I'm sure the studio would rather have the 25% than nothing.   The $24m WB got back for BvS is more than they got from several mid size countries combined.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm sure the studio would rather have the 25% than nothing.   The $24m WB got back for BvS is more than they got from several mid size countries combined.

Well, I didn't say that it didn't matter at all but that it doesn't matter that much.

1 hour ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

And GOTG fell just like this and recovered on the weekend. So will SS.

310-335 is happening

In the immortal words of mr. Andrews from the Titanic, it's a mathematical certainty.

No it's not, I see a little chance at the backend of that range sorry.