baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

1 hour ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

I don't pull numbers out of my ass and I don't make things up. I usually spend about 20 or 30 minutes looking at historical data. You should try doing the same thing. Just go to Box Office Mojo and check out what other films have done on the second weekend in August.

Really worked well for ID2 winning the summer & Pets beating Dory! :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I think this summer has shown that whether there is competition or not, if folks want to go watch a film they will, and if they don't they're staying at home. 

100% right which is why assuming there will be a huge jump (bigger than expected) for SS tomorrow is misguided IMO.

• Like 2

1.  2 hours ago In Brazil and Korea, SUICIDE SQUAD has already surpassed the lifetime totals of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.
     2 hours ago SUICIDE SQUAD scored $15.7M & $15.3M overseas on Monday & Tuesday--$165M total. UK ($19M) BRZ ($15M) RUS ($14M) MEX ($13M)
Edited by a2knet

42 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

9.7 million is a fine number. Movie is performing fine.

If WB isn't sad about it, nobody should. Movie is making money and it'll be profitable in the long haul. :)

Lol this sort of thinking is total nonsense. Why should I care what WB thinks about its own movie or that they are making $? How does that benefit us (or provide better analysis) ESP when the movie isn't that good?

Edited by GiantCALBears

@BluRayHiDef

Was it Embrassing when gotg made more than cap2?

There's nothing Embrassing about your numbers going up with each release.

The DCEU movies will average 300 domestic with each release.

the name of the game is to make money.

Edited by Brainiac5

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lol this sort of thinking is total nonsense. Why should I care what WB thinks about its own movie or that they are making $? How does that benefit us ESP when the movie isn't that good?

Well, that's exactly my point, lol. We shouldn't care. :)

Point is, WB isn't worried about numbers. People shouldn't be, either. I guess I can't say anything else in that regard, lol. 

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, that's exactly my point, lol. We shouldn't care. :)

Point is, WB isn't worried about numbers. People shouldn't be, either. I guess I can't say anything else in that regard, lol. 

You should flip around your thoughts, if this place isn't concerned about the quality of your numbers then they probably are fine or completely insignificant lol.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-forecast-petes-dragon-sausage-party-florence-foster-jenkins/

Check out our complete weekend forecast below.

Title Distributor Weekend Domestic Total through
Sunday, August 14
Suicide Squad Warner Bros. $38,500,000 $219,750,000
Pete’s Dragon Disney $31,000,000 $31,000,000
Sausage Party Sony / Columbia $30,000,000 $30,000,000
Jason Bourne Universal $10,080,000 $122,890,000
Bad Moms STX Entertainment $7,700,000 $66,890,000
The Secret Life of Pets Universal $6,900,000 $333,670,000
Florence Foster Jenkins Paramount $6,500,000 $6,500,000
Star Trek Beyond Paramount $5,020,000 $137,660,000
Nine Lives (2016) EuropaCorp $3,120,000 $13,300,000
Lights Out Warner Bros. (New Line) $3,000,000 $60,920,000

@Nova What part of PD and SP doesn't have much interest in them don't you get ?

I understand you want SS to fall off the map but you need to understand that it's not happening as of Wendsday.

I can promise you the two studios are probably regretting not movie dates after following a 133mil opener.Everyone was expecting SS to do about 50-70mil they never knew it would do 100+.

It's tough to see less than 43 (-68%) for SS.

8.5 (-12.4%)

13.0 (+52.9%)

17.5 (+34.6%)

12.5 (-28.6%)

= 43M

Have taken pretty average holds.

These numbers would push the cume to 222.3M. Only 78M away from 300 after a 43M 2nd weekend.

Weekly drops of 60%, 50%, 50% for next 3 weeks gives

222.3 + 35.4 + 17.7 + 8.85 = 284.25M by the 5th weekend

Should add 11-13M more in the rest of the run including the dollar bump taking it close 295-297M.

Have been conservative and pessimistic IMO. Really, tough to see it missing 300M or even 305M.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

No it's not, I see a little chance at the backend of that range sorry.

It'll do 310 easily.