Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Atonement's really not that good, tbh. How it was nominated for Best Screenplay, let alone Best Picture is baffling.

I hate Atonement and not because it was a bad movie. I wanna kick that little girl's ass. That movie made me hostile. I legit wanted to punch Vanessa Redgrave in her smug face at the end. James McAvoy giving it to Keira against the wall was hot though.

Edited by ecstasy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatOneSausage said:

You have chosen well.

Our enemies are the wild @Ethan Hunt and the wild @CJohn.  Watch out for them

Ethan is not a problem.

CJohn was not either. But he's in higher places right now, and seems to be the corrupted type, so thanks for the warning.

6 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

I hate Atonement and not because it was a bad movie. I wanna kick that little girl's ass. That movie made me hostile. I legit wanted to punch Vanessa Redgrave in her smug face at the end. James McAvoy giving it to Keira against the wall was hot though.

I hate it too. But its also the movie thay makes me fall in love with McAvoy. So sometimes, that gives me conflicted feelings.

• Like 1

I think the idea that it is either feast or famine is too short sighted.  There should be a bunch of movies that have a good shot to end in the $180m to sub $300m range coming up in the next year.  

Not saying they will, but the potential is at least there for Magnificent Seven, Dr. Strange, Fantastic Beasts, Moana, Sing, Passengers, Wolverine, Kong: Skull Island, Ghost in the Shell, Fast 8, Pirates of the Caribbean, Wonder Woman, The Mummy, Kingsman, War for the Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk and Alien: Covenant could all end up in that range.  I only went through the rolling 12 months.  

This year will go down as the year of the $300m+ movies (will set an all time record as there are essentially 8 already and possibly 2-3 more on the way), but don't be surprised if next year goes down as the year of the $200m range movies and only around 5-6 $300m+ movies.  

The only fairly safe $300m+ bets for next year seem to be Beauty and the Beast, GOTG2, Despicable Me 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Justice League and Star Wars Episode 8.  

Edited by nilephelan
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

Oh come on.  It deserved every bit of praise it got.  Better than that shitty Juno movie that everyone seemed to like despite its low quality.

Well if the characters actually had motivations that made sense and had more personality than just, "nice James McAvoy", "precocious Saorise Ronan", and "sad Keira Knightley", maybe I'd sing a different tune. Everything else about it is great, but its main cog is just...ugh.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Well if the characters actually had motivations that made sense and had more personality than just, "nice James McAvoy", "precocious Saorise Ronan", and "sad Keira Knightley", maybe I'd sing a different tune. Everything else about it is great, but its main cog is just...ugh.

(Fuck I haven't actually seen Atonement and was just arguing against you to be deliberately contrarian)

Yeah...well it's still better than Juno!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

I hate it too. But its also the movie thay makes me fall in love with McAvoy. So sometimes, that gives me conflicted feelings.

Yes! They did him so wrong. :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Poirot vs. Miss Marple.

Poirot for me.

In the detective genre, most idolize Holmes, but Poirot is who I'm down with.

I am so excited for Sir Ken's take on Murder on the Orient Express! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

I know right? McAvoy's able to give a character that had so little personality, and gave him so much likability, warmth, and heart. It sucks that he's still so underrated in Hollywood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I know right? McAvoy's able to give a character that had so little personality, and gave him so much likability, warmth, and heart. It sucks that he's still so underrated in Hollywood.

He's great! And yeah, he has a really warm and likable presence. 

His Professor X is like 90% of the reasons I still bother with the X-Men series right now tbh. 

• Like 1

Sausage Party projections:

Weekend 2: 18.0M (-46.3%) cum 67.1M

Weekend 3: 11.2M (-37.8%) cum 87.0M

Weekend 4 (3-Day): 8.2M (-26.8%)

Weekend 4 (4-Day): 10.1M (-6.6%) cum 102.2M

Weekend 5: 2.8M (-64.2%) cum 106.6M

Weekend 6: 1.9M (-28.2%) cum 109.6M

DOM: 112.536M (3.349x)

WW: 207.521M (45.8% foreign share)

Pete's Dragon projections:

Weekend 2: 13.6M (-36.9%) cum 46.8M