Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Rotten Star Wars has the potential to bring out the kinda meltdowns that'll put anything we've ever seen to shame

At least that'll be new I guess and not the 100th repeat of the same shit

That and...wait for it...rotten Marvel Studios.

3 minutes ago, lupinw45 said:

Bad legs or not, WB is making loads on these films once you take into account placements, merchandise, video sales, etc... up to 200 plus million.

I guess you can say DC characters are more well known than Marvel's, maybe because of all the TV shows and cartoons they have had over the past 3 or so decades.

Ah the "too big to fail" mentality. That thinking gave us BATMAN & ROBIN and JONAH HEX and CATWOMAN and CONSTANTINE (the movie) and GREEN LANTERN and so forth.

its weird if what you say is true, why they had to apologize for BVS at the DCEU Comic Con panel? "The fans have spoken..." and "course correction" surely wouldn't be uttered if these things are too big to fail...

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, Marvel Studios has become the next Pixar. Eventually there will be a movie that ends up in the green zone.

I would argue THE INCREDIBLE HULK is basically their THE GOOD DINOSAUR already but regardless the Internet will be a war zone if they truly make a widely hated entry.

6 minutes ago, RRA said:

That and...wait for it...rotten Marvel Studios.

I was fully prepared for Ant-Man to do it and then it got the shrug of approval

The claws are at the ready for Dr Strange tho

7 minutes ago, RRA said:

Ah the "too big to fail" mentality. That thinking gave us BATMAN & ROBIN and JONAH HEX and CATWOMAN and CONSTANTINE (the movie) and GREEN LANTERN and so forth.

its weird if what you say is true, why they had to apologize for BVS at the DCEU Comic Con panel? "The fans have spoken..." and "course correction" surely wouldn't be uttered if these things are too big to fail...

Oh, I'm well aware of the other flopping. But BVS nor SS are flopping, so... BVS did underperform, but it's hardly a flop. Just shows that DCEU is getting warmed up. I think the best is yet to come and I actually highly enjoyed SS. Most of the people who I saw it with liked it.

But saying DCEU is no threat is just idiotic. It's already broke the March opening weekend record, best opening world wide for a super hero film, and August opening weekend record, among other territories like Russia, Portugal, etc...

A precipitous drop from last weekend won’t be enough to knock Suicide Squad off its perch at the top of the box office chart, according to studio estimates released on Friday. But a 67% fall is steep, even by modern standards. On the bright side, it is less than Batman v Superman’s 69% decline in its second weekend earlier this year, at least according to the estimates. A weak Sunday would put the two films basically neck-and-neck on that front, and it looks increasingly likely that Suicide Squad will end with less than $300 million domestically.

That puts more pressure on the film internationally, where it is doing fairly well, having picked up $242.5 million so far, slightly ahead of its $222.9 million domestic haul. That takes the DC Extended Universe to nearly $2 billion worldwide after three films, which is no slouch. It’s worth remembering that the Marvel Cinematic Universe took five films to pass $2 billion worldwide, albeit several years ago when international markets were smaller. It wasn’t until The Avengers and Iron Man 3 (the sixth and seventh films) that the franchise really hit its stride. The DC Universe still has time.

Edited by lupinw45
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I was fully prepared for Ant-Man to do it and then it got the shrug of approval

The claws are at the ready for Dr Strange tho

If Marvel can make Ant-Man and GotG work then I'm not worried about Dr Strange who's a much easier sell.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lupinw45 said:

haha, Suicide Squad is composed of mainly obscure characters. And it's already going to surpass Winter Soldier. DCEU first three films will surpass 2 billion world wide and it's only in  it's 3rd film. :jeb!:

Are you for real? Guardians of the Galaxy was composed of only (not mainly) obscure characters and it already surpassed the Winter Soldier except unlike Suicide Squad, it did it both domestically and worldwide. It also did the same against Thor: The Dark World, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past. You're beating your chest like King Kong over something that already happened two years ago. Suicide Squad (again) will be yet another DCEU movie that had a higher opening than Guardians of the Galaxy but will run out of the steam before they can surpass it domestically and the second movie that it didn't out gross it worldwide. And it was only Guardians of the Galaxy's first film.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If Marvel can make Ant-Man and GotG work then I'm not worried about Dr Strange who's a much easier sell.

I don't know, Dr Strange could really suffer from the Inception's whining argument like I am almost certain it will be featured in the RT consensus.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, Haley Ross said:

Are you for real? Guardians of the Galaxy was composed of only (not mainly) obscure characters and it already surpassed the Winter Soldier except unlike Suicide Squad, it did it both domestically and worldwide. It also did the same against Thor: The Dark World, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past. You're beating your chest like King Kong over something that already happened two years ago. Suicide Squad (again) will be yet another DCEU movie that had a higher opening than Guardians of the Galaxy but will run out of the steam before they can surpass it domestically and the second movie that it didn't out gross it worldwide. And it was only Guardians of the Galaxy's first film.

When I meant "Mainly", I meant that Joker/Batman were somewhat cameos. The team of SS are obscure characters. Not on the level of GOTG, but the general audience doesn't know who the most popular character is which is Harley.

21 minutes ago, RRA said:

This sort of thinking is why the DCEU so far opens big and mighty and indeed bigger than MCU sometimes...only to have the legs of FDR.

imagine if they had the legs of Usain Bolt? Oh my....

If BvS with toxic WOM did 1.98x of legs and CW did 2.27x  with "great reception", imagine if CW had toxic WOM... 1.6x of legs LMFAO:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

22 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Eh I can't imagine Fantastic Beasts inspiring much passion, fans'll just say it needed the classic characters

Star Wars fans, on the other hand, are riding that Force Awakens high

tumblr_nn0d4pfukp1risusro1_500.gif

Just now, Chewy said:

I mean, are you really gonna flip out if it's bad?

I know you'll have your fun if it's great obvs

Are you fucking kidding me? You really think I won't flip out if the film is bad?!