Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

36 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Have you read all these whitewashing thinkpieces? The knives are being sharpened

(But no talk about Cumber's trash accent still lol)

Maybe because they don't think it's trash. The whitewashing won't get any play unless the movie is terrible.

18 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Thats not a fucking excuse and you know it. It is their own fault(WB) for not getting it released in China

How is it WB's fault for SS not geting released in China?

Should WB make a movie, thinking about it being released or not in China? Should WB make a movie, always thinking about pleasing China's censorship? You obviously know damn well why SS didn't get a China release, and that's not WB's "fault", lol. Ghostbusters 2016 also didn't get released there. Deadpool didn't get released, either.

So, is it Sony's fault and Fox's fault for Ghostbusters and Deadpool not getting released there? Come on. 

19 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Thats not a fucking excuse and you know it. It is their own fault(WB) for not getting it released in China. Fact is, this is DCCU's 3rd movie. It probably won't even pass 600 million. The DCCU is dead as a door nail. You'll see it with Wonder Woman. WW won't even gross 400 million. It'll be panned just like all other DCCU movies. 

Can we do some kind of bet?!?!?!

I'll take 

1) Suicide Squad over 600m WW

2) WW over 400m WW

3) WW RT Score red (got this in the bag cause I already paid the critics)

I'm willing to do loser donates to the site, weird cosplay bets, or whatever!

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

He had that bet with you? He also had it with me lol. So he is about to lose two name changing bets :lol: 

Has the name change already been decided on? Because if one of those names isn't "Matt Baumer" I'm gonna throw my chicken nuggets like that Reddit guy over the Suicide Squad reviews.

3 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

I'll take 

2) WW over 400m WW

I don't do bets with people I don't know. I'm not a damn fool. I've been naive about that shit in the past and not doing it again bc I'll know you'll never keep your 'bet.'

5 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

I'll take 

2) WW over 400m WW

Do you really have some kind of death wish or something? Knock it off with trying to wage a bet with everyone.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Has the name change already been decided on? Because if one of those names isn't "Matt Baumer" I'm gonna throw my chicken nuggets like that Reddit guy over the Suicide Squad reviews.

I am thinking on Baumer Loves Godzilla's Sausage. Seems like a good crossover of two movies he despises. 

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

How is it WB's fault for SS not geting released in China?

Should WB make a movie, thinking about it being released or not in China? Should WB make a movie, always thinking about pleasing China's censorship? You obviously know damn well why SS didn't get a China release, and that's not WB's "fault", lol. Ghostbusters 2016 also didn't get released there. Deadpool didn't get released, either.

So, is it Sony's fault and Fox's fault for Ghostbusters and Deadpool not getting released there? Come on. 

They should've pushed harder for a China release. It's not about the material in the movie! It's about studios pushing for a China release. That's all. Anyways, it's all a mute point. Suicide squad ain't passing Gotg or TWS even 'with a China release'

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

They should've pushed harder for a China release. It's not about the material in the movie! It's about studios pushing for a China release. That's all. Anyways, it's all a mute point. Suicide squad ain't passing Gotg or TWS even 'with a China release'

No, it isn't. Chinese members already explained why it and GB would never get a China release.

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

I'll never how the fuck Hollywood fucked up Doom so badly.

I mean, it seems like such an easy video game to turn into a movie!

Video games are hard to adapt, narratively they're night and day compared to movies

Video game movies will continue to be trash until an actual filmmaker comes in and throws everything but a few basics out when adapting

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Video games are hard to adapt, narratively they're night and day compared to movies

Video game movies will continue to be trash until an actual filmmaker comes in and throws everything but a few basics out when adapting

The plot of Doom is literally 'Space Marine fucks up Hell'

Shouldn't be that hard to turn into a movie

34 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Thats not a fucking excuse and you know it. It is their own fault(WB) for not getting it released in China. Fact is, this is DCCU's 3rd movie. It probably won't even pass 600 million. The DCCU is dead as a door nail. You'll see it with Wonder Woman. WW won't even gross 400 million. It'll be panned just like all other DCCU movies. 

I never said it was an excuse, just that it could have made more with China. 600 is locked, IMO.

5 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

But it will pass it domestically. ;)