Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

I know it's not gonna happen but Sausage Party topping Suicide Squad second weekend would be reminiscent of Neighbors topping TASM2 second weekend

It's good to dream but hey Sausage Party be doing damn great regardly

4 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

That was planned for quite awhile, just like PJ's extended cuts of THE HOBBITs. That HV version got rated by the MPAA back in last year. There's a difference in putting out a longer cut where the filmmaker goes "Yes, the theatrical cut was mine as well, but this has some extra goodies I think the fans would like", versus a situation where (rightly or wrongly) the studio is seen as completely meddling and fucking up a cut.

Right I definitely get that. It would be like Sony releasing the cuts of any of the Spidermans they messed with. I dunno, it seems like a huge waste to leave all of what is rumored on the cutting room floor. Maybe it won't happen (probably), I guess time will tell.

If they do include Jokers scenes in the deleted extras, I can't see WB not catching extreme slack there too. "Why wasn't this scene in the movie?!" So who knows what will become of them. I want to see it but I can understand the position WB is in.

Right now that 69% drop (if it holds) doesn't look good.

Edited by somebody85

24 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm sorry but I'm gonna gloat because I'm sick of reading posts by people like Napolean trying to shoot down any negative opinions with pretentious fact free nonsense when it comes to his holy trinity of Batman VS Superman, Ghostbusters, and Suicide Squad.

The movie is going to make nearly $300M domestic or right around there.  This time last year or hell even a few months ago people on this board and others were expecting at most a $60-80M OW and that was max. 

So I'm not sure what anyone is "gloating" about. It's already a success.

• Like 5

Count me in with the "interesting going to see Sausage Party's WOM" camp because

On one hand, the laughter I heard in my theater was consistently huge and pretty constant throughout the film.

On the other, definitely see the film's message backfiring in the conservative parts of the country.

hmmmm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The movie is going to make nearly $300M domestic or right around there.  This time last year or hell even a few months ago people on this board and others were expecting at most a $60-80M OW and that was max. 

So I'm not sure what anyone is "gloating" about. It's already a success.

Eh back after that last Blitz trailer, a lot predicted it could end up in the mid 130s. It was holding it's own with the biggest blockbusters when it came to trailer views. BKB didn't think so because it was titled Suicide Squad, but not many were with him.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

What's everyone thinking for next weekend's openers? Kubo and War Dogs both feel like "teen" openers at best and Ben-Hur reeks of megabomb.

If what Gopher heard was true, War Dogs should lift its embargo like right now. Could see Kubo breaking 20M barely but the other ones will bomb. Especially with Sausage Party breaking out

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Sausage Party - B - Cinemascore

Not that I put much stock in these but it looks like the type of movie that's really stupid.  Enjoyable yes (as said we're seeing it tomorrow) but I can see quite a few people walking out going "well that was dumb"

Deadline's WB spin is now at Defcon 1 level embarrassing

But the other thing that’s going on here, particularly with critics, is that when it comes to a DC movie, they still have a crush on Christopher Nolan. He stacked the deck here in DC’s storytelling making it difficult for other filmmakers to rival or emulate.

• Like 10