Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

1 hour ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Imo SP us a one trick pony. It's going to crumble next weekend. Wom isn't nearly strong enough for it to be number one next weekend. My guess right now is it does about 31.5 thus weekend and drops to about 14 next weekend.  SS will probably do about 25 next weekend so SP won't be number one.

The ending is terrible. So bad I literally said aloud, "STOP! Just... S-T-O-P!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

I know one opinion doesn't mean everyone will feel this way but I didn't laugh at all In SP. I don't THINK it will have strong wom.

Personally it had some of the loudest laughing I've heard in a theater ever and very consistently, especially at the end. For sure anecdotal here and there but I definitely think it plays better at night than other times (guessing when you saw it in the afternoon it wasn't a packed house)

the issue with the WOM is both the moral of story could turn off a lot of people and an R rated animation inherently has niche aspects compared to a normal comedy

Gitesh, over the moon during SS 5-day, is so unreasonably pissed at it right now that he didn't even honor it with it's own separate tweet. Not worthy :lol:

Big $13.5M opening day FRI for going to about $31M wknd. tumbles to $13.4M heading to about $45M wknd

Might as well say "SP opening big at 13.5M. whatsitsname tumbles to whatever. Big 31M weekend for SP. #SausageParty #TagAlongPieceOfShitBrokeMyHeart"

Edited by a2knet

Thought this was kinda funny spin by collider.

"Who would have thunk it? In a race between Disney and DC, it’s Sony and Annapurna’s weird

R-rated animated comedy that’s poised to be the weekend’s big success. " LOL

Edited by Subzero

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

That's cool, bud. But I gotta tell you.. most I've heard from have said they hated the ending with lots of "What the fuck was that?" reactions.

Literally the opposite for me lol; my brother who just thought the movie was okay said he liked the ending best too and as I previously mentioned, my theater was laughing the loudest at the last ten minutes

maybe it's a regional thing heh

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Looking at @Baumer loves Doryand @filmnerdjamie recent posts, I feel like I'm in crazy land, the ending of Sausage Party was my favorite part lol

For me too. The battle in the store was bonkers, in a good way. What came almost immediately after? It went on too long. The very last scene? Genius. 

Edited by tonytr87

1 hour ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

I know one opinion doesn't mean everyone will feel this way but I didn't laugh at all In SP. I don't THINK it will have strong wom.

There were several "S-C-R-E-A-M out loud" moments for me. But it was undone by its subtle-as-a-trainwreck message on organized religion and race. The basic joke is that they're Veggie Tales that say and do filthy things (Normally I would just say the words aloud but I don't recall the policy here so I'll leave it to your imaginations). And that ending. 

When I didn't laugh during the opening musical number (again... the big joke is they swear in a super cheerful cute song), I knew I was in for... something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

There were several "S-C-R-E-A-M out loud" moments for me. But it was undone by its subtle-as-a-trainwreck message on organized religion and race. The basic joke is that they're Veggie Tales that say and do filthy things (Normally I would just say the words aloud but I don't recall the policy here so I'll leave it to your imaginations). And that ending. 

When I didn't laugh during the opening musical number (again... the big joke is they swear in a super cheerful cute song), I knew I was in for... something.

It's an animated stoner comedy. Why should it be subtle? I get it if you're religious though. 

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

It's an animated stoner comedy. Why should it be subtle? I get it if you're religious though. 

I'm religious, sure. But that's not my beef. It's just that Rogen hasn't been able to live up to these awesome ideas he and Evan Goldberg cook up ever since This Is the End (which still holds up), except for the great trailers. This, Neighbors, The Interview, The Night Before (plus how badly they have been fucking up Preacher). All killer ideas and red-bands with disappointing results. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I'm religious, sure. But that's not my beef. It's just that Rogen hasn't been able to live up to these awesome ideas he and Evan Goldberg cook up ever since This Is the End (which still holds up), except for the great trailers. This, Neighbors, The Interview, The Night Before (plus how badly they have been fucking up Preacher). All killer ideas and red-bands with disappointing results. 

Shrug. I mostly liked all three, especially Neighbors. The Night Before was kinda disappointing, but I blame Jonathan Levine who's not really the guy for a stoner comedy. I've only heard good things about Preacher, from both critics and regular people.