Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

11 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Guys, Suicide Squad dropped 79.4% from Friday to Friday. That's terrible. For example, other movies that have done this poorly:

1. Captain America: Civil War -74%

2. Twilight Series ~75%

3 The Dark Knight Rises -76.6%

4. Batman v Superman -81.6%

5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 -84%

What do those movies all have in common? Toxic word of mouth? I was going to say huge previews on Thursday, built-in fan base, and all that jazz, but nah...toxic word of mouth it is. 

Also, another interesting point to ignore, Suicide Squad had crazy Thursday preview numbers AND Tmobile Free Ticket Fridays. Sure, the major drops seem to be associated in comparison to that first Friday, which just so happened to be special in at least two ways, but hey, let's forget that, and project the anomalies into generalities, just like the best numerical analysts.

So to continue its flop status, like such other flops, Suicide Squad could do anywhere between 15m -21m Saturday, depending if it's WOM is like Twilight or if it's like Dark Knight Rises. Can't wait to find out!

We get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brainiac5 said:

I'M pretty sure you know more about this Boxoffice than I do but for some reason you wanna act dumb to the fact that it's weekdays was strong which took away from its second weekend.        All movies have softer drops weekends #3 there's no way in hell SS falls 60% in its 3rd weekend.

I really wish this site was more of unbiased then "Oh I hated the flim it needs to fail".

I think there's more of a chance that SS falls 60% than 50% next weekend. 

• Like 6

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Brainiac5 said:

I'M pretty sure you know more about this Boxoffice than I do but for some reason you wanna act dumb to the fact that it's weekdays was strong which took away from its second weekend.        All movies have softer drops weekends #3 there's no way in hell SS falls 60% in its 3rd weekend.

I really wish this site was more of unbiased then "Oh I hated the flim it needs to fail".

Star Trek Beyond practically dropped 60% in its 2nd and 3rd weekend despite good reviews and solid WOM. I wouldn't count on the 3rd weekend drop being softer.

Kubo and Ben-Hur probably aren't very big threats but I could see War Dogs doing well and since it's targeting a lot of the same demo as SS (frat boys) I could see SS dropping 60% again. Then again it might stabilize and hold well.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, a2knet said:

All those who were skewering ASM2 were no match combined for one, captain, jack, sparrow. :lol:

:sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben:

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS ANDREW GARFIELD IS AMAZING AND I HAD THE FEELS WHEN GWEN'S NECK SNAPPED, IT'LL MAKE $400M DOM OKAY, IT WILL

:ohmygod::ohmyzod::qotd::redcapes::sadben:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Star Trek Beyond practically dropped 60% in its 2nd and 3rd weekend despite good reviews and solid WOM. I wouldn't count on the 3rd weekend drop being softer.

Kubo and Ben-Hur probably aren't very big threats but I could see War Dogs doing well and since it's targeting a lot of the same demo as SS (frat boys) I could see SS dropping 60% again. Then again it might stabilize and hold well.

I'm not so sure Beyond has had either good OR bad word of mouth. My response to it was that I enjoyed it enough but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to people. It's a "shrug" movie. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

The ending was awful. Just the last scene though. I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the movie.

Was one of my fave parts. Guess different strokes for different folks but you know me and my love for meta-humor

3 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

There were several "S-C-R-E-A-M out loud" moments for me. But it was undone by its subtle-as-a-trainwreck message on organized religion and race. The basic joke is that they're Veggie Tales that say and do filthy things (Normally I would just say the words aloud but I don't recall the policy here so I'll leave it to your imaginations). And that ending. 

When I didn't laugh during the opening musical number (again... the big joke is they swear in a super cheerful cute song), I knew I was in for... something.

I honestly think it being completely blatant is the point. Every animated movie has a much more general message being very obvious, like "be yourself" or "racism is bad okay." Sausage Party is making fun of the genre even more by having that message be there

• Like 1

Saw Sausage Party, sold-out 10:30 Friday showing. Audience seemed to really enjoy it. Audience also consisted of mostly one ethnic group, age 18-25 for the most part. I don't think this movie will appeal too much with some other demographics, but if you're a fan of jokes involving ethnicity, sexuality, drugs, and pop-culture references as well as animated violence, then you'll enjoy this one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Just the first trailer alone made SP look like one of the worst movies in years. 

You and I are very different people; the first trailer made it be one of my most anticipated movies of the year lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I'm not a big fan. I like period adventures though. 

Gotcha. That aspect is the most appealing to me of FANTASTIC BEASTS as well.

11 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Kubo is being hailed as the best animated movie of the year in its tv ads. That would be crazy to have another animated runaway hit.

Not when it's stop-motion haha

@Tele the Jet Baller I don't think so.

SS Friday really was 65mil65 mil do to the Tmobile promotion.

I seriously think it added 10-15mil to its friday. When I got to the movies with my 3 free tickets everybody that was in line had a Tmobile Tuesday ticket.

Think about it even if your not gonna go to the movies if free tickets lands in your lap wouldn't  you wanna gonna go?

THis is why it's Friday-Sat drop was so huge and it held well on Sunday.

Well I obviously think SS will regroup next weekend. But then again what do I know?

But would this be possible?

Let's say Sunday is 13

Monday: 5.2 -60%

Tues: 6.5 +25%

Wed 4.6 -30%

Thurs 4.0 -8-10%

Fri: 7 +75%

Sat: 9.6 +37%

Sun: 6.8 -30%

23.4 mill third weekend 

Anyone agree?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Well I obviously think SS will regroup next weekend. But then again what do I know?

But would this be possible?

Let's say Sunday is 13

Monday: 5.2 -60%

Tues: 6.5 +25%

Wed 4.6 -30%

Thurs 4.0 -8-10%

Fri: 7 +75%

Sat: 9.6 +37%

Sun: 6.8 -30%

23.4 mill third weekend 

Anyone agree?

I don't think there is any way it has a sub 50% drop next weekend.  

• Like 7