Nova

Wednesday Numbers: SS $4.1M (Guru)

1 hour ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Not everyone is going to like what is considered to be the general consensus.  He doesn't need to grow up at all, if he was bored by IO, who are you to tell him that he's immature for feeling as such?

Because Filmbuff does what he does best, lol. Spout a bit of nonsense sometimes and try to constantly swear a lot.

And yeah, you're right. Not everyone will have to love Inside Out. KGator just said his personal opinions about the movie. Ocho & Filmbuff needs to deal with it. Opinions are still opinions.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

19 minutes ago, Nova said:

Here's where I think the weekend is headed 

Friday (+64%) to $5.9 

Saturday (+35%) to $7.96 

Sunday (-28%) to $5.7

for a weekend total of $19.56M. 

Sat bumps increase considerably over the previous weekend if you look at '14 and '15.

IMO 38-42% will happen on Saturday.

Sunday drop will tick higher too compared to last weekend. So on board with 28%.

5.90 (+64%)

8.25 (+40%)

5.95 (-28%)

edit: '.1' just like wb likes it

Edited by a2knet

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Sat bumps increase considerably over the previous weekend if you look at '14 and '15.

IMO 38-42% will happen on Saturday.

Sunday drop will tick higher too compared to last weekend. So on board with 28%.

5.90 (+64%)

8.25 (+40%)

5.95 (-28%)

edit: '.1' just like wb likes it

I'm basing it off the drops GOTG had on that same weekend. I will admit I made the drops slightly harsher by like one or two percentages but that's how it's followed GOTG thus far throughout its run. I wouldn't be shocked if it hit $20M+ but I also wouldn't be shocked if it just misses it either. 

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Because I'm doing it by the percentages that I'm giving it which didn't add up to $20M. 

Is that a problem? 

(Example) You say  +64% which will give SS your 5.90 prediction but if it does 64.9% it would make about another 30,000 or so.I wonder why your prediction doesn't take in a count for full percentages?

I believe this is why everyone is saying 20mil 5hey know the flim isn't gonna do a flat +64%,

27 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Because you clearly don't understand why the Illumination-films do the kind of huge business they do, lol. :lol:

At least MinaTakla does. Ask him about why the films do so well. :P

He loves Illumination though :lol: I mean, I get that the movies have huge marketing campaigns but I really don't see their appeal. To each their own.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

(Example) You say  +64% which will give SS your 5.90 prediction but if it does 64.9% it would make about another 30,000 or so.I wonder why your prediction doesn't take in a count for full percentages?

I believe this is why everyone is saying 20mil 5hey know the flim isn't gonna do a flat +64%,

I still don't see what your point is. If the film does 64.9% then I'd round up to 65%. I don't see you coming at anyone else who isn't giving exact percentages right down to the decimal place when they make their predictions. 

If other people are saying 20M that's fine by me and that's their prediction. I have it at $19.56M and I did it my way. The way I do it with every film. I don't have to give exact percentages with decimal places just to please you or anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

^

a2knet was calculating estimates while Nova was calculating actuals B)

I'm just confused. a2Knet doesn't give their drops down to the decimal point. Other posters don't. The trades don't either. So why is it suddenly an issue that I didn't? And I do it with every film too. I don't see why I have to give the exact percentages. Probably because I have it under $20M the way I do it.

Edited by Nova

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

I still don't see what your point is. If the film does 64.9% then I'd round up to 65%. I don't see you coming at anyone else who isn't giving exact percentages right down to the decimal place when they make their predictions. 

If other people are saying 20M that's fine by me and that's their prediction. I have it at $19.56M and I did it my way. The way I do it with every film. I don't have to give exact percentages with decimal places just to please you or anyone else. 

Well I didn't say anything to anyone else because you seem to be the only one that's below 20mil.I was just wondering.

It does seems as if your predictions are wrost case scenarios but best case for anything else so I understand.

Edited by Brainiac5

16 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm basing it off the drops GOTG had on that same weekend. I will admit I made the drops slightly harsher by like one or two percentages but that's how it's followed GOTG thus far throughout its run. I wouldn't be shocked if it hit $20M+ but I also wouldn't be shocked if it just misses it either. 

GOTG Sat was +50% (compared to +37% last Sat). SS won't do that but +40%(compared to +33% last Sat) is legit

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2014a.htm.

Yeah I won't say 20 is locked. Still have an open range of 19.5-20.5.

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Well I didn't say anything to anyone else because you seem to be the only one that's below 20mil.I was just wondering.

It does seems as of your predictions are wrost case scenarios but best case for amything else so I understand.

I did the same thing last weekend and I was over by $2M. I'm not really doing a worst case scenario imo. I've just felt like this film has followed a type of pattern and so I base my predictions based on that pattern. However as I told a2knet I wouldn't be shocked if it passes $20M, obviously since my prediction is pretty close to it. But I wouldn't be surprised if it just misses it either. And yes you're right the decimal place in the percentage makes a difference in the end but I don't have time to do all of that :P

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

GOTG Sat was +50% (compared to +37% last Sat). SS won't do that but +40%(compared to +33% last Sat) is legit

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2014a.htm.

Yeah I won't say 20 is locked. Still have an open range of 19.5-20.5.

Whoops! My bad. I for some reason looked at the second Saturday for GOTG instead of the third. Thanks for pointing that out :) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Because Filmbuff does what he does best, lol. Spout a bit of nonsense sometimes and try to constantly swear a lot.

And yeah, you're right. Not everyone will have to love Inside Out. KGator just said his personal opinions about the movie. Ocho & Filmbuff needs to deal with it. Opinions are still opinions.

Did you REALLY think I wasn't going to respond to this bull? Yeah people are entitled to their opinions no matter how stupid it is. :rolleyes: And obviously people loved Inside Out. It got almost universal praise from critics and fans alike. So yeah maybe everyone doesn't like it, but it appears to me well over 95% did. Even Baumer said he liked it, and he isn't the biggest Pixar guy. Calling it a boring mess is pretty dumb. He has a right to have his opinion, I have a right to mine as well. You need to LET IT GO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

It does seems as if your predictions are wrost case scenarios but best case for anything else so I understand.

I also projected it to earn less than 20M a few pages ago. 

The following are the percentage changes for GotG's second Thursday through its third weekend.

Thursday: -12.8%

Friday: +64%

Saturday: +49.2%

Sunday: -24.5%

Since SS seems to have bigger drops and smaller increases, I'll guesstimate its corresponding percentage changes accordingly.

Weds: 4.1M

Thursday: -17% ->  3.4M

Friday: +60% -> 5.4M 

Saturday: +45% -> 7.9M

Sunday: -28% -> 5.7M

3rd Weekend Total = 19M

That would be a 56% drop for its 3rd weekend. I was a bit conservative when guessing the percentage changes for SS relative to GotG; they may be bigger, given that today's drop is 7-8% worse than the corresponding one for GotG. So, SS' 3rd weekend could be less than 19M.

3 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

I also projected it to earn less than 20M a few pages ago. 

The following are the percentage changes for GotG's second Thursday through its third weekend.

Thursday: -12.8%

Friday: +64%

Saturday: +49.2%

Sunday: -24.5%

Since SS seems to have bigger drops and smaller increases, I'll guesstimate its corresponding percentage changes accordingly.

Weds: 4.1M

Thursday: -17% ->  3.4M

Friday: +60% -> 5.4M 

Saturday: +45% -> 7.9M

Sunday: -28% -> 5.7M

3rd Weekend Total = 19M

That would be a 56% drop for its 3rd weekend. I was a bit conservative when guessing the percentage changes for SS relative to GotG; they may be bigger, given that today's drop is 7-8% worse than the corresponding one for GotG. So, SS' 3rd weekend could be less than 19M.

If the number is 3.6 then you are 200,000 off with 3.4 on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Did you REALLY think I wasn't going to respond to this bull? Yeah people are entitled to their opinions no matter how stupid it is. :rolleyes: And obviously people loved Inside Out. It got almost universal praise from critics and fans alike. So yeah maybe everyone doesn't like it, but it appears to me well over 95% did. Even Baumer said he liked it, and he isn't the biggest Pixar guy. Calling it a boring mess is pretty dumb. He has a right to have his opinion, I have a right to mine as well. You need to LET IT GO.

Yeah..but you still have to respect KGator's opinion. While we may not agree with him or so.....he's still entitled to his opinion. He didn't mean to offend you, guys. Just saying.