Nova

Wednesday Numbers: SS $4.1M (Guru)

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadpool: $363,070,709

Jungle Book: $363,067,998

JB passed DP sometime early today.  Too bad it will probably be passed by SLOP

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Don't let SLOP beat the 2 best movies of the year JB and DP (IMHO). It's bad enough that the worse animated picture of the year is passing IO.

Edited by Ocho
  • Like 5

I wish that were the case, @ocho, but it looks like unless SLOP's late legs get decimated for some reason, it's going to end above JB, DP, and Despicable Me 2 most likely. I'm also upset about it, SLoP ruined Dory's chances at $500m and would ruin my Disney Top 5 Domestic Club under the above scenario.

2 minutes ago, parkerthegreat said:

I wish that were the case, @ocho, but it looks like unless SLOP's late legs get decimated for some reason, it's going to end above JB, DP, and Despicable Me 2 most likely. I'm also upset about it, SLoP ruined Dory's chances at $500m and would ruin my Disney Top 5 Domestic Club under the above scenario.

Why do people hate SLoP so much?

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Because Illuminati can't make a good movie to save their life.

Illumination makes decent animated films with acceptable storylines for the most part.......I just felt SLOP was represented as "What do pets do in the apartment/home while the owner is away". It was nothing like that and the worse animated movie I've seen in the last few years. For it to beat movies that were fantastic in every way is a travesty.

Sorta like everyone wishes SS was more like the trailers.

I think we can all safely say that a high box office number isn't a guarantee for quality. I only care about box office to the extent that I want my favorite franchises to do well enough to get more movies. Anything over that is just a bonus, it's not like I see the money.

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Because Illuminati can't make a good movie to save their life.

Fun fact: all their movies were very well received and got great reviews except Minions. So maybe you should stop using your opinion as an example of what everyone else thinks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

And Hop. And The Lorax. 3/6 is such a great track record!

Not bad when every single one of them was a big hit. Pets, DM and DM2 got very good reviews and great WOM. Time to accept it. This forum needs to stop with this Marvel V DC and Illumination V Pixar. It is sad. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Purely middle of the road. They're not Satan or DC or something.

And Minions did 1.16B, which doesn't happen by luck. Lorax was huge too. 

27 minutes ago, Ocho said:

Illumination makes decent animated films with acceptable storylines for the most part.......I just felt SLOP was represented as "What do pets do in the apartment/home while the owner is away". It was nothing like that and the worse animated movie I've seen in the last few years. For it to beat movies that were fantastic in every way is a travesty.

Sorta like everyone wishes SS was more like the trailers.

Illumination squandered a great premise but the film isn't bad by any means, just average at best. 

57 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not bad when every single one of them was a big hit. Pets, DM and DM2 got very good reviews and great WOM. Time to accept it. This forum needs to stop with this Marvel V DC and Illumination V Pixar. It is sad. 

I was talking about DP and JB the two best movies of the year being beaten by SLOP. Neither produced by Pixar.

1 hour ago, Ocho said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Don't let SLOP beat the 2 best movies of the year JB and DP (IMHO). It's bad enough that the worse animated picture of the year is passing IO.

Clearly, not many moviegoers share your opinion on SLOP for it to be doing as well as it is.  I didn't think it was an animated classic by any stretch but it made me laugh a few times.  And unlike Inside Out it didn't bore the hell out of me so I'll give it that.  I for one won't be shedding any tears if IO falls from its perch as the top original animation.  I don't think Pets will hold the record that long anyways.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KGator said:

Clearly, not many moviegoers share your opinion on SLOP for it to be doing as well as it is.  I didn't think it was an animated classic by any stretch but it made me laugh a few times.  And unlike Inside Out it didn't bore the hell out of me so I'll give it that.  I for one won't be shedding any tears if IO falls from its perch as the top original animation.  I don't think Pets will hold the record that long anyways.

1. IO isn't the highest grossing animated original, Frozen is (or Lion King if you count rereleases)

2. Get outta here with that "IO is boring" talk

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1