Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

1 hour ago, Inceptionzq said:

Great call

I would say hopefully that utterly crushes Grace Randolph’s “The Book of Boba Fett IS Mando Season 3!” bullshit, but she seems to have more lives than a cat with her followers...

Glad to see it confirmed though, I’m happy to watch a Boba Fett spin off, but I wouldn’t have been happy if they were ditching Din Djarin.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I would say hopefully that utterly crushes Grace Randolph’s “The Book of Boba Fett IS Mando Season 3!” bullshit, but she seems to have more lives than a cat with her followers...

She’s just spinning it to make it look like she was right now lol. “There WAS drama between Pedro and everyone which is why Mando Season 3 isn’t coming out Dec 2021 and Boba is filling the slot.” Blah blah blah. People like her will have a platform for a long time and it sucks

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

She’s just spinning it to make it look like she was right now lol. “There WAS drama between Pedro and everyone which is why Mando Season 3 isn’t coming out Dec 2021 and Boba is filling the slot.” Blah blah blah. People like her will have a platform for a long time and it sucks

I mean, she was never going to admit she was wrong was she. It’s just a shame that her cult like followers will eat up everything she says and keep spreading misinformation.

I saw her say that the fact that Jon Favreau didn’t specifically mention Pedro Pascal by name when he said “our favourite character that we all know and love” is evidence of conflict between them and that it might mean he’s getting replaced...She’s really clutching at straws to remain relevant. If Pascal was unhappy in the role, I hardly think he’d be out there talking about it and thanking the cast and crew the way he has been.

• Haha 1

Full GMA interview for those who want to watch it.

Confirmed by Favs himself that Mark Hamill was on set (presumably only for the last scene).

Also for folks hoping for a character poster or other Luke Skywalker Mando branded merch, probably not happening (at least right now) as Favs mentioned that one of the ways to keep things secret in Hollywood these days is to not turn on the merchandizing spigot.  And while it is true that Luke looks practically identical to his RotJ look (with allowances made for digital de-aging) simply putting Luke on anything with a Mandalorian logo would have made the potential for leaks raise exponentially.  

Now given the key-art isn't exactly new, shouldn't be too long before such things are out.  But as I look about, I don't see a character poster for this final week, and I presume this is a major reason why.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Great call

Sometimes even a blind squirrel and all that. 👍

Didn't mention it last night but the thing that cinched it for me was when I replayed the Investor stream (as I wanted to hear KK's exact words), I caught this little bit that I bolded:

Kathleen "From a certain PoV" Kennedy:  Today I am excited to share with you that Jon and Dave are concurrently developing two new spinoff series exclusively for Disney Plus.  One, The Rangers of the New Republic, and the other featuring fan favorite Ahsoka Tano.  Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, these interconnected shows along with future stories, will excite new audiences, embrace our most passionate fans, and culminate in a climatic story event. The next chapter will debut on Disney Plus Christmas of 2021.

I'd already mentioned the "next chapter" tell, but looking back the "along with future stories" bit as part of the sentence "these interconnected shows" was a different tell that perhaps most of us missed.  Not surprising given the sheer amount of new shows being blasted in our faces.

Still really ballsy not to mention a Boba Fett show along with everything else, of course.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 1:12 AM, Porthos said:

Already ahead of you, boss. 👍

Boba Fett's new theme is in the middle of the track Capture the Flag for those who want to hear that.

Speaking of, got to say, Fett's new theme is really growing on me.  Just something sinister and menacing in it with more than a touch of raw power.  Quite unlike many of the previous character themes in SW.

The article is also a good read on the music throughout the whole season

Edited by Inceptionzq
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great thread that takes a look at how not only does the ending of The Rescue work with The Last Jedi, but they are complementary of one other (with a side dash of Ahsoka as well). 

Has the seal of approval of a certain other person, as well:

Well worth people's time to read, IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Great thread that takes a look at how not only does the ending of The Rescue work with The Last Jedi, but they are complementary of one other (with a side dash of Ahsoka as well). 

The TLJ haters are really bending over backwards to try and make out like this episode was some kind of middle finger to Rian Johnson and it literally couldn’t be further from the truth. Nowhere in TLJ did it say that Luke became a hermit as soon as Vader’s body was cremated at the end of ROTJ. Of course he had years where he was a Jedi Master and ran a Jedi Academy, it was years later when he became disillusioned after teaching Ben and being manipulated by Palpatine.

It all connects perfectly, and I seriously doubt that Lucasfilm would allow it to contradict one of their main SW films anyway, no matter how loudly the TLJ critics whine, they aren’t going to retcon it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I hugely disagree with the thread, but since it's so closely tied to TLJ I'll just leave it at that. I think the argument presented only works if you have already accepted certain points about TLJ's Luke which not everyone has or will.

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

I hugely disagree with the thread, but since it's so closely tied to TLJ I'll just leave it at that. I think the argument presented only works if you have already accepted certain points about TLJ's Luke which not everyone has or will.

I mean, fair enough. I thought it was a good way to show how the showrunners of The Mandalorian aren't undermining the ST and could be setting up connective tissues with the ST. 

If I'm being totally honest, I partially posted after reading/seeing one too many comments on reddit and YT about how this was a giant middle finger to the ST.  Gets a little tiring to see those sorts of comments no matter where one stands on various topics surrounding SW

But, mostly, I just appreciated well thought out commentary as it can be somewhat rare on Twitter where it's all too often dominated by Hot Takes from all sides.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I mean, fair enough. I thought it was a good way to show how the showrunners of The Mandalorian aren't undermining the ST and could be setting up connective tissues with the ST. 

If I'm being totally honest, I partially posted after reading/seeing one too many comments on reddit and YT about how this was a giant middle finger to the ST.  Gets a little tiring to see those sorts of comments no matter where one stands on various topics surrounding SW

But, mostly, I just appreciated well thought out commentary as it can be somewhat rare on Twitter where it's all too often dominated by Hot Takes from all sides.

Oh no I appreciate your posting the thread. It was a good read even though I didn't agree. And I agree with the part that Luke's appearance is not an undermining of the ST.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

I used to enjoy seeing what people said about Star Wars on reddit but it's become such a hateful/spiteful place no matter where you go, even if it's tangentially related. (I want to say I went into a thread about Oscar Isaac/Metal Gear casting and all the comments were bitching about Star Wars and largely Finn related)

I think it's why I've finally enjoyed discussing the Mandalorian on here. People might have different opinions on the episodes, the movies, the shows, lore and what-not but everyone is pretty respectful of each other and the discussions come across as genuine, rather than an echo chamber of the same comments. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gamora said:

I'd say this situation is where you would... dare I use this word for SW... subvert expectations.

Also the middle one isn't nearly as clear cut as it might seem at first blush.  But I won't comment on it further out of respect for those who have yet to see Rebels.  That, and the pic was somewhat darkly humorous so I didn't feel like stepping on the joke.

(didn't want to nitpick for once, either :lol:)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Also the middle one isn't nearly as clear cut as it might seem at first blush.  But I won't comment on it further out of respect for those who have yet to see Rebels.  That, and the pic was somewhat darkly humorous so I didn't feel like stepping on the joke.

(didn't want to nitpick for once, either :lol:)

I probably will watch Rebels eventually, so thanks for that. ;)

I have seen people legit freaking out about the parallels and I'm like, it's been three seconds since he left, calm down and stop making me fear for things that probably won't happen. 😂 We only just did this with the "There won't be a Mando S3!" thing, I need a rest.

• Like 1