Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

12 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I know the two aren't comparable but any chance they get rid of Kennedy at some point. She might be a good producer, but she doesn't get SW at all.

They won’t “get rid of her at all”. She’ll retire or leave when she’s ready and that’ll be how they will move on. She’s almost 70, she probably isn’t going to hang around more than a handful of years further. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

At least this will make some people shut up about citing Mando as evidence of a "civil war" in Lucasfilm now that the show is against their agenda.

It's all the same team folks.

tumblr_o161mpQHK61qcerkko2_500.gif

They'll just say that Darth Kennedy fired Gina Carano over Jon Favreau's wishes.  More likely than not, it'll cause more than a few "rumors" about Favreau leaving Lucasfilm over this. Or at least stories about increased tensions and all that other crapola.

(something about, "search your feelings" comes to mind here :ph34r:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cax16 said:

Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

Good riddance.

She seemed pretty mediocre in the show to be honest and can be easily recasted. 

How stupid actually is she?

Honestly. I would love to know what actually went on inside her brain, before she decided it was a good idea to post a picture, to the public, comparing her political affiliation to Jews in the Holocaust.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m assuming Carano was already warned about this, in which case, that would make her tweet all the more dumb. Still, maybe Disney should’ve given her the chance to apologize before giving her the boot. 

Perhaps she told them she wouldn't and at that point they said "see ya!" At some point you gotta cut your losses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago said:

Wow more people being fired for their political views. I'm so glad I'm my own boss

nothing political views in what she said or did in the majority of the cases.

Maybe perceived as such, but not really.

Its showing a massive disrespect, pejorative to contemptuous about ~ groups of humans.

• Like 2

Also this is hardly unprecedented for Disney. After Roseanne's blatantly racist tweet people and sponsors were quickly dropping out of the show to the point where ABC was left with no choice but to cancel the show and retool it without her. Given that there's a lot more marketing money at stake for this, they were almost certainly feeling the "either she goes or I go" heat to the point where her continued presence would be nothing but a liability.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m assuming Carano was already warned about this, in which case, that would make her tweet all the more dumb. Still, maybe Disney should’ve given her the chance to apologize before giving her the boot. 

you are aware about her spreading extremer posts since a longer time?

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

nothing political views in what she said or did in the majority of the cases.

Maybe perceived as such, but not really.

Its showing a massive disrespect, pejorative to contemptuous about ~ groups of humans.

Her fans attacked her and called her racist for not openly supporting BLM. She was hated for openly supporting Trump and since then fans have been on a cancel quest. She's said some dumb things around the pandemic (like a certain other marvel minority actresses on the disney payroll) but i can't help but agree with her when it comes to virtue signallers on the attack constantly. It's definitely political.

Social media has just become a cesspit of 'my opinion is the correct one and if you disagree then you are wrong and deserve cancelling' which ironically is very similar to how Nazi's thought.

• Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Gina Carano isn't even talented enough to be a hill worth dying on in the first place. Cara Dune is already an expendable character. Either write the part out or recast her with someone else.

Read the news and her previous tweets like mocking Masks. Good riddance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicago said:

Wow more people being fired for their political views. I'm so glad I'm my own boss

What? she was fired because she posted very outrageous views, was probably asked to stop, and kept going. This shit has been ongoing for awhile and allegedly Favreau even went to bat for her.

Also you do realize she is a public-facing employee making public remarks as a representative of the employer? And it is the employer's right to fire anyone who falsely represents them. Freedom of Speech doesn't guarantee freedom from consequences. If a business comes to the conclusion that association with say a certain employee results in a net financial loss, then in a capitalistic system they come to the obvious conclusion it's time for them to let that employee go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1