Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

One of the reasons I thought Carano was on thin ice is that the rumors about her getting a series of her own pretty much dried up right at the exact same time she started to make comments about the US election.

I also thought the lack of, well, anything regarding The Rangers of the New Republic was VERY conspicuous in its absence last December at the investor live stream.  Especially since it seemed like that was the show that was being rumored about in Oct/Nov.  So the bit from TNR that they've been looking for a reason to fire her rings true to me.  

Only real question is if she's recast or not.  Entirely possible that TRotNR is being retooled to do completely without her character.

. According to sources, Lucasfilm had plans to unveil Carano as the star of her own show during a December investor's day presentation but scrubbed those plans following her November tweets.

Damn, I'm on a roll on this.

(missed that tidbit when I was scanning the TNR article)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Only real question is if she's recast or not.  Entirely possible that TRotNR is being retooled to do completely without her character.

I doubt they bother recasting, it’s more likely that they’ll just leave the character behind. Let’s be honest, she hardly had a massive arc that needed resolving or anything like that, she was just the hired muscle that assisted Mando. I’d imagine if TRotNR still goes ahead, it will just be about a new group of ex-soldiers.

Imagine how stupid you have to be to blow up your career like this. What an idiot.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 10:25 AM, Porthos said:

But, and you knew there was a but here, when Gina Carano is fired (and I think with each passing controversy it becomes pretty inevitable) those same folks who ginned up massive controversy over Gunn will flip out.  If I were to be cynical about it, it might just be Disney/Lucasfilm/Favreau deciding when to rip off the bandaid is less painful than keeping her around.

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not looking forward to what the discourse surrounding this will be like. The last time Disney fired a conservative actor for saying something stupid, trolls retaliated by temporarily getting James Gunn fired.

In the least shocking news of the day, catagory....

I won't link to it, but the Big Names in the alt-right community on Twitter (Jack Posobiec for one) are now trying to get #CancelDisneyPlus trending.

GoodLuckYou'reGonnaNeedIt.gif goes HERE

(Not so much for the trend, which is easy enough to do, but for people to actually cancel their D+ subs)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

make this man the lead of Rangers of the New Republic

tumblr_inline_ppq6jwRS5J1qb09m4_540.gif

As a follow up, I would seriously be down for this. I’m disappointed in the lack of Asian representation in Star Wars considering its roots to Japanese cinema through Kurosawa.

Still wish we would have got Mifune as Obi-Wan Kenobi as originally intended, that’s not to disparage Alec Guinness or Ewan McGregor but fuck Mifune would have killed it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CloneWars said:

I know the two aren't comparable but any chance they get rid of Kennedy at some point. She might be a good producer, but she doesn't get SW at all.

That seems unlikely. The success of this show is probably enough to let her hold onto her job for the foreseeable future. 

10 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I know the two aren't comparable but any chance they get rid of Kennedy at some point. She might be a good producer, but she doesn't get SW at all.

If that's how you feel it's a good thing that LucasFilm makes more than just Star Wars.

I personally feel that the majority of the Star Wars projects out of Disney have been at least good and have for the most part been well received. No one production company is going to succeed 100% of the time and personal taste influences people view of success but hard to argue it from a box office perspective when the Star Wars (Disney) films averaged over $1B. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Except that had more to do with Favreau

If Kathleen  Kennedy gets the "blame" for projects that don't work out, it stands to reason she gets the "credit" for projects that do.

Fair's fair.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1