Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

6 minutes ago, Ahsoka said:
Spoiler
  Hide contents

As I said in the Telegram chat, I will down the world if they go that root.  Do not soil my perfect non-Skywalker Star Wars canon without that nonsense. 

Search your feelings.... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This season is obviously very, very strong. I think they've really done an incredible job balancing a more episodic style of storytelling with setting up a larger storyline. This episode in particular is a great example of just that. Honestly, my only (very minor) gripe is that the series is wearing its influences on its sleeve to almost a distracting degree sometimes.

Spoiler

I didn't know that Michael Biehn was going to show up. Nice to see him again. In contrast, I had already heard that Thrawn was going to be mentioned, so that wasn't a surprise. Did anyone think the edit there was a little weird? Maybe this would have been too on-the-nose, but should there have been some kind of musical sting? 

Also, sorry guys, but I don't think I'm going to be able to call him anything but Baby Yoda. :lol:

• Like 2

The good thing now is we have no idea what's in store for the rest of the season as all the "cameo" appearances rumoured have been done and all marketing footage was from the first 4 episodes. 

Spoiler

As far as who the Jedi could be my guess is still Ezra but also it must be a very small cameo since it wasn't leaked. 

It's inevitable though we get an Ahsoka and Luke encounter though in some form. We need the scene where Luke gets to hear more about how good of a person his father was and Absoka can hear about how ultimately her faith in Anakin wasn't misplaced as he saved the galaxy.

• Like 2

After rewatching the new episode for the 3rd time I have some minor observations

Spoiler

So it seems that Bo-Katan and Ahsoka have been keeping in contact over the years since Clone Wars ended. I'd like to think they went on additional adventures together over the years and became good friends, enough that they check in on each other once in a while.

How long has Ahsoka been on that planet? Part of me feels like she just arrived maybe a few days or a week prior, because although the magistrate never had seen her before she knew to expect a rouge jedi coming around. Lucky for Mando he arrived while Ahsoka was still there.  Its a toss up whether she may return for the season finale but I think she'll pop up again on the show at some point, same with Bo-Katan, maybe even a reunion between the two? I'd be up for it.

• Like 1

So I was thinking just now, and I realized I haven't come up with a really good Tin Foil Hat/Crackpot theory in a while.  And I might have just come up with a doozy about where this series might be headed this season.

Major spoilers for the latest episode, natch.  And pretty damn lengthy, as is fitting a Crackpot Theory from Yours Truly...

Spoiler

Okay, this was mostly me thinking about the rampant speculation about who Gorgu/The Child might contact should he actually contact anyone on Tython  (this is an open question, akusally, but I'll side step that for a moment).

Luke will answer!

Ezra!

No, the Emperor!

It'll be Force Ghost Anakin!!

(It's never Force Ghost Anakin, folks!)

Wait?  Anakin???

That caused me to loop back to one of the central problems with Mando's quest.  He has been tasked to "return The Child to one of his kind", and failing that, raise him as one of his own.  The whole point of finding Jedi as far as Djarin was concerned is that they would know where this child was from and reunite him with his "clan".

But that's kinda the problem.  According to current SW lore (which admittedly could change in the very next episode), no one actually knows where Yoda's species comes from.  It's a giant mystery.  Maybe some folks knew even as late as the time of the PT, but they're all dead.  It's doubtful Ahsoka knew and even more doubtful that Luke does.  There might not be a single person in the actual galactic scene who is alive who actually knows where these mysterious space elves come from.

But that's just the thing.  Being dead is just a state of mind for some denizens of the GFFA.  It isn't a huge impediment when it comes to being able to imparting knowledge for some folks.   Yes, this is exactly where I am going with this.

What if... What if, Gorgu contacts Master Yoda!?!

Think about it for a moment.  He might be one of the literal few people around who actually knows this answer.  The "Ancient Temple" on Tython is supposed to have a "strong connection to the Force".  Well who the hell says that it's gonna be some rando Jedi that has never interacted with Gorgu who feels a connection back?  Master Yoda, via Rebels has already been seen communicating with folks telepathically using some strange Force powers that were enhanced via a Jedi Temple (a bit more complicated than that, but let's just go with that).  He likely would be one of the Jedi Masters who taught Gorgu so long ago

As a Force Ghost he might be more able to hear this call, if it's made.

Now is he willing?  Does he send Mando and Child on a season(s) long quest to find his homeworld? I admit this is where it starts to crumble a bit.  But I did call this a Crackpot/Tinfoil Hat theory, and for a reason.  But I could see it as a possibility.  And it's certainly mad enough for Favreau/Filoni to come up with.

The biggest problem might be that I am coming under a conclusion more and more than Djarin and Gorgu will never be separated. Permanently, at least.  But the literal one thing that I might see it is Gorgu going back to his home planet or having that as an escape hatch that he can go to when he feels like it.  A safety net as it were so he can continue to adventure with Mando, safe in the knowledge that he can in fact go home again.

Do I think this is a likely occurrence?  Well, honestly, no.  I probably give it no more than a one or two percent chance of happening.  Even Ezra showing up might be more likely, if not by much.

But, gotta tell you one and all, when I thought about this tonight it just felt... right.  About as right, more or less, as Luke showing up, if for much different reasons.  And, let's face it, Frank Oz is always game for doing a Yoda voice. 

Will it happen? Probably not.  If it does happen, will I be unbearably smug about it, even if it doesn't go the way I think it might?  You better believe it, folks. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Porthos said:

So I was thinking just now, and I realized I haven't come up with a really good Tin Foil Hat/Crackpot theory in a while.  And I might have just come up with a doozy about where this series might be headed this season.

Major spoilers for the latest episode, natch.  And pretty damn lengthy, as is fitting a Crackpot Theory from Yours Truly...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Could also be Yaddle:ph34r: For all of the same reasons in my prior post. Wouldn't THAT be a fakeout and a half! :o

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hide contents

Okay, this was mostly me thinking about the rampant speculation about who Gorgu/The Child might contact should he actually contact anyone on Typhon (this is an open question, akusally, but I'll side step that for a moment).

Luke will answer!

Ezra!

No, the Emperor!

It'll be Force Ghost Anakin!!

(It's never Force Ghost Anakin, folks!)

Wait?  Anakin???

That caused me to loop back to one of the central problems with Mando's quest.  He has been tasked to "return The Child to one of his kind", and failing that, raise him as one of his own.  The whole point of finding Jedi as far as Djarin was concerned is that they would know where this child was from and reunite him with his "clan".

But that's kinda the problem.  According to current SW lore (which admittedly could change in the very next episode), no one actually knows where Yoda's species comes from.  It's a giant mystery.  Maybe some folks knew even as late as the time of the PT, but they're all dead.  It's doubtful Ahsoka knew and even more doubtful that Luke does.  There might not be a single person in the actual galactic scene who is alive who actually knows where these mysterious space elves come from.

But that's just the thing.  Being dead is just a state of mind for some denizens of the GFFA.  It isn't a huge impediment when it comes to being able to imparting knowledge for some folks.   Yes, this is exactly where I am going with this.

What if... What if, Gorgu contacts Master Yoda!?!

Think about it for a moment.  He might be one of the literal few people around who actually knows this answer.  The "Ancient Temple" on Typhon is supposed to have a "strong connection to the Force".  Well who the hell says that it's gonna be some rando Jedi that has never interacted with Gorgu who feels a connection back?  Master Yoda, via Rebels has already been seen communicating with folks telepathically using some strange Force powers that were enhanced via a Jedi Temple (a bit more complicated than that, but let's just go with that).  He likely would be one of the Jedi Masters who taught Gorgu so long ago

As a Force Ghost he might be more able to hear this call, if it's made.

Now is he willing?  Does he send Mando and Child on a season(s) long quest to find his homeworld? I admit this is where it starts to crumble a bit.  But I did call this a Crackpot/Tinfoil Hat theory, and for a reason.  But I could see it as a possibility.  And it's certainly mad enough for Favreau/Filoni to come up with.

The biggest problem might be that I am coming under a conclusion more and more than Djarin and Gorgu will never be separated. Permanently, at least.  But the literal one thing that I might see it is Gorgu going back to his home planet or having that as an escape hatch that he can go to when he feels like it.  A safety net as it were so he can continue to adventure with Mando, safe in the knowledge that he can in fact go home again.

Do I think this is a likely occurrence?  Well, honestly, no.  I probably give it no more than a one or two percent chance of happening.  Even Ezra showing up might be more likely, if not by much.

But, gotta tell you one and all, when I thought about this tonight it just felt... right.  About as right, more or less, as Luke showing up, if for much different reasons.  And, let's face it, Frank Oz is always game for doing a Yoda voice. 

Will it happen? Probably not.  If it does happen, will I be unbearably smug about it, even if it doesn't go the way I think it might?  You better believe it, folks. :ph34r:

Yeah, that option was something that came to my mind as well. It would be very fitting.

Though you might run into the issue that force ghosts can (so far) only be seen by those they are connected with. E.g. only Luke saw Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin. It would leave Din at the sidelines. Not that you couldn't work with that.

Apart from that:

Typhon?

TYPHON???!??
It's Tython!!!

And you call yourself a Star Wars fan? You should be ashamed of yourself :rant::censored::dbz::whip:

:P

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Yeah, that option was something that came to my mind as well. It would be very fitting.

Hide contents

Though you might run into the issue that force ghosts can (so far) only be seen by those they are connected with. E.g. only Luke saw Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin. It would leave Din at the sidelines. Not that you couldn't work with that.

Apart from that:

Hide contents

Typhon?

TYPHON???!??
It's Tython!!!

And you call yourself a Star Wars fan? You should be ashamed of yourself :rant::censored::dbz::whip:

:P

Spoiler

1) Blame spell check super late at night

2)  By the time that was introduced in the novels, I was largely checked out of SW fandom, especially on the book side (a moon crashing on Chewie's head left quite the impression on me, what can I say?)

3) And more to the point, gaming is not heavily part of my SW fandom in the first place. :lol: 

That is, fixed. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Porthos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That is, fixed. 👍

That reminds me, it took me ages to remember how the name Grievous got spelled, so I always had to look it up before I wrote it. I can't even remember how often I had to do that :D

Ah yes, the NJO. I did get through all of them, there was some fun stuff in there, but it was a downward trend. I never bothered with the books that followed. Thank god there were also movies and the KOTOR-games (plus some others) around at that time. Not TOR though, never had a thing for MMOs.

A bit later I think I was mostly down to reading the KOTOR-comics and the odd stuff that seemed vaguely interesting. Beyond that it was all about reliving the old stuff again, the movies, reading the Thrawn trilogy for the 20th time or so, the games, etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

4/5 episodes this season have basically been the same gist.  

- Mando shows up to planet 

- Mando needs help/information

- Mando must help someone out first to acquire information

-Good action sequence 

- Mando gets desired info, heads to next planet. 

Yes, this season definitely has had that formula. But it makes sense as we are currently in a "quest" phase of the narrative. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yes, this season definitely has had that formula. But it makes sense as we are currently in a "quest" phase of the narrative. 

It’s what the show is, it’s basically a live action Saturday morning cartoon about the adventures of Mando and Baby Yoda in the Star Wars universe. I’ve said it before but I think the people expecting anything different haven’t been paying attention, it’s been like this from the beginning. Sure, there’s a serialised element to it that kicks in towards the end of each season, but it won’t be suddenly turning into Game of Thrones.

Honestly, I like the formula of it. It’s an easy watch with some likeable characters in a universe that I love, and when all the strands of the season pay off in the finale (like it did in season 1) it’s satisfying.

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That's not crackpot, though. I'd say it's the most likely option. I've been thinking for a while now that we're going to see Yoda's planet at some point, or at least get some information on it, and there's only one character who could do that.  Honestly makes more sense than Luke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Menor said:
  Hide contents

That's not crackpot, though. I'd say it's the most likely option. I've been thinking for a while now that we're going to see Yoda's planet at some point, or at least get some information on it, and there's only one character who could do that.  Honestly makes more sense than Luke.

Spoiler

Yaddle would be fairly crackpot, you have to admit. :ph34r:

I suppose I called it that in regards to Yoda as I had seen very little spec on that side of the equation with most folks I had seen homing on Luke and others. 

Then again, I'm getting more and more disenchanted with online SW fandom so maybe I just missed the rampant Yoda spec. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

As much as I liked Rosario Dawson's performance and I think Filoni will only continue to get better at live action I still really hope any Rebels sequel is animated and Ashley Eckstein gets to reprise the role.

whynotboth.gif

(that is a live action Ahsoka series and a Rebels sequel animated series)

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1