Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

12 minutes ago, Ahsoka said:

ALSO THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT OF ALL:

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

I was so in the zone I didn't even consider that at the time.  Very very VERY great catch there. 👍 👍 👍 

(VF picked up on it as well)

• Like 3

Just now, Porthos said:

I was so in the zone I didn't even consider that at the time.  Very very VERY great catch there. 👍 👍 👍 

Spoiler

It also totally explains her fear of training a Jedi and her anger.  She's not really angry as much as scared.  They offer go hand and hand  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ahsoka said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Unfortunately it seems more likely that Ahsoka is still trying to find Ezra. But that whole timeline is more unclear than when we didn’t know anything about it lol, so who knows? It’s most likely Luke she’s referring to.

• Like 4

Non spoily semi-random reactions on Twitter:

EDIT:::

And the Mando himself weighs in:

====

Though I am really curious how folks who are only familiar with the movies/Mandolorian will make of this.  I tend to think it was really accessible and laid everything out there so it should connect with them as well. That it was, IMO, beautifully written and shot should go a long way.

Still, will be very curious to get the casual fan reaction.

Spoiler

HOPE it is... "JUST WHO IS THIS GODDESS? I WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT HER!!!!" :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

BTW, did folks catch the shot of 

Spoiler

Morai just chilling on one of the branches.  Just minding her own business and taking in the scenery without a care in the world. 

Loved that blink-and-you'll-miss it cameo. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler
Spoiler

NO ONE CARES ABOUT LUKE SKYWALKER WHEN WE HAVE EZRA BRIDGER.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hide contents

Morai just chilling on one of the branches.  Just minding her own business and taking in the scenery without a care in the world. 

Loved that blink-and-you'll-miss it cameo. 

YES I DID AND I WAS SCREAMING

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah I did. Apparently you can also hear Morai at times in the background. I’ll have to see if I pick up on that when I rewatch it

• Like 1

On a much much MUCH less fanboy geeking out moment, and a more serious look at the episode:

Spoiler

I was so sad to see Baby Grogu, if not quite suffering from PTSD, something akin to it.

That whole training scene was so sad.  Could really see the repressed feelings in Grogu, even though he's "just" a puppet.  Masterful job of selling that whole thing.

Makes me also wonder if his child-like behavior is regression/repression in a way.  A shell that he's drawn himself into to survive.

Either way, he is obviously VERY attached to Mando, and not just as a father figure.  Also casts his previous actions as digging the Mando lifestyle in something of a new light.

And that he's (rightfully) full of fear?  Punch in the gut right there.

Where this actually goes is very intriguing to me, story wise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

I picked up on this reference and I’m only on episode 5 of Clone Wars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Though I am really curious how folks who are only familiar with the movies/Mandolorian will make of this.  I tend to think it was really accessible and laid everything out there so it should connect with them as well. That it was, IMO, beautifully written and shot should go a long way.

Still, will be very curious to get the casual fan reaction.

Hide contents

HOPE it is... "JUST WHO IS THIS GODDESS? I WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT HER!!!!" :lol: 

Spoiler

I consider myself fairly casual tbh, like I've seen pictures of Ahsoka in passing just being on the edges of the SW fandom but I still haven't watched any of the cartoons I know she's in - I'm pretty much just movies and the occasional book kinda person. And like, wow what an entrance and yes I barely know her but I'm pretty much on the "what a goddess plz give me more right now" train. I could watch her mow down motherfuckers for days, goddamn. I need to rewatch all those fight scenes for sure, maybe on some kind of loop on Youtube because that was some awesome shit.

As for non-goddess stuff, Baby Yoda and the relationship with Mando was killing me. Not that we didn't know it but he's super attached to him. 😭 And didn't want to leave him. 😭 And he looked at Mando all cutely when he said his name and now Mando knows about his past and his lil baby secret pain. 😭  I'm pretty curious as to how they'll progress in the series and just this season as well, but Mando and his son better not be separated, I couldn't take it. It does make me a bit sad Mando can't connect with him on the same level someone who knows the force can though, I wonder if that'll come up in the future.

I know Thrawn is an evil blue dude and that's about it, so it'll be interesting to see where that goes. That's if it's even this season, maybe they'll torture us and make us wait another year. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Spoiler

Man poor Mando keeps having to go to places to find a thing to then find a thing.

That aside so happy they managed to translate Ahsoka to live action really well. Rosario Dawson's performance captures perfectly the optimism and humour Ahsoka displays with a hint of sadness at what she's experienced in life.

I saw on twitter #Ezra so thought for a second that the twist was that Ezra was gonna be the master but thank goodness it made me surprised about Thrawn.

Lastly I think the best part was development on Baby Yoda. I like that as a parent Mando will now need to let him make his own choice for the path he wants. 

Curious to see casual fans reactions to Ahsoka and please bring on a Rebels sequel!!!

Also want to point out thought this episode was a marked improvement from a direction standpoint by Filoni from Chapter 1 and especially Chapter 5.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 3

Oh boy did they deliver this episode. Really liked Rosario Dawson, the really got the look and feel of Ahsoka down right and I'll never get tired of hearing those lightsabers sounds.

Spoiler

OMG they name dropped TYTHON! I legit geeked out when I heard that! So many years of playing the Star Wars: The Old Republic mmo and being a fan of the Old Republic era of Star Wars in general have me excited they're incorporating even a small piece of it into new content.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 2