grim22

Labor Day Weekend Thread | 4 day #s - DB 19.5M, SS 12.8M, Pete 8.5M, Kubo 6.5M, SP 6M, Bad Moms 6M, War Dogs 6M, LBO 5.9M, Morgan 2.4M

The weekend BO article is #6 on Deadline. That doesn't happen usually over the weekend. It's more or less always their top story.

Boring BO this weekend even though some interesting things happening over the 4-day weekend :

- a movie in the horror genre will have done 2x it's OW by the 2nd weekend itself...gasp! (aka DB)

- SS crosses 300 sooner than anyone expected

- Bad Moms crosses  crushes 100m after a 23.6m ow

- Most likely PD finishes in top 3 for a ~67m cume.

- SP looks like it needs to be spectred to 100m by the same studio

- BORN5 goes over APOC

- On Saturday SLOP crosses IO

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

400m+ on a 100m budget. The downward trajectory sucks but it still smells like sequel will come, 

If they actually make another one it will be sold as the final chapter, IMO.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think there will be an Ice Age 6 but It'll be the last one. 

Yeah. True.

Which makes me wonder......why doesn't BlueSky's other animated movies have as big of an OS-appeal as the Ice Age films.

I can understand that the first one was BlueSky's first animated film to date, that's why the sequels managed to deliver huge numbers. But even then.....both the Rio-films managed to more WW, than Ice Age 1.

So why aren't the OS-people giving the money to the Non-Ice Age films? Like they should have done with the Peanuts Movie, last year?

The only Non-Ice Age sequel, BlueSky has made was Rio 2, so far......that's it. No plans to greenlight Epic 2 or Peanuts 2?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

And now the numbers cometh

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice
MORGAN earns an estimated $1.86M 3-day / $2.26M 4-day opening weekend. #Morgan

I only needed like 2M to avoid 0% on the Derby and somehow this thing bombed harder. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Numbers' calculations disputed by several unnamed studio sources

shttp://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-01/hollywood-s-summertime-bombs-got-a-lot-more-disastrous-this-year

Damage control. Of course studios don't want to admit their flops while they are still in theaters