grim22

Labor Day Weekend Thread | 4 day #s - DB 19.5M, SS 12.8M, Pete 8.5M, Kubo 6.5M, SP 6M, Bad Moms 6M, War Dogs 6M, LBO 5.9M, Morgan 2.4M

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-light-between-oceans-925422

Director Derek Cianfrance's Light Between Oceans, an adult specialty drama starring Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander, is opening in 1,500 theaters — a relatively small footprint — after holding its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival Thursday night. Early projections show the adult drama earning roughly $5.2 million for four-day holiday weekend. (The filmmakers had hoped for high single digits.)

Morgan, a sci-fi horror thriller targeting younger consumers, may only earn $3 million-$4 million from 2,020 theaters. The good news: The movie cost $6 million to produce. Heading into the weekend, tracking had suggested $5 million-$6 million.

Hahaha...kate mara...no wonder the director didnt want her in fant4stic. She is wayyyyyy less talented than her sister. 

But atleast she still has a career whereas the director..well...

Also, a lot of stuff that I saw in the trailers of Morgan remind me of quite a few scenes in fant4stic...won't be surprised if they reused some of the sets and props from that movie. Not a good debut for Luke Scott either critically or commercially. Better luck next time.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

I work 4 shifts this weekend starting tonight. Better get ready for some major down time :/

37 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Awesome.  This is the weekend I can do all those questionable things I've desired in the back of a dark theater.

You could also say this weekend it will be much easier for the theatre usher to catch you doing those things.

• Like 1