Spidey Freak

Professor Marston & The Wonder Women | Moved Up to Oct 13 2017 | Sony produced Biopic on Wonder Woman creator | Luke Evans, Rebecca Hall, Bella Heathcote

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

You can imagine that DC is nervous as hell about more of world finding about Marston's mistress. WB basically never mentions her in all the BvS and WW extras from the dvds and blurays.

Let's not even get into all the bondage stuff. lol

It's not Batman so I doubt they care

39 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nobody is going to see this movie so why would WB be nervous? Also nobody cares about the creators of these characters except nerds like me. Unfortunate but true.

I don't know that much about Marston's bio, but if he had some sort of 40s Dreamers thing kinda going and the three parties were cool with it I'm not sure how that would be a problem. What might be sort of problematic is the question if their lover's family also should be compensated by Wonder Woman's rights, and this is a problem that every single superhero created has. So there's no big deal controversy here other than their story being a little unconventional, I guess. 

14 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I don't know that much about Marston's bio, but if he had some sort of 40s Dreamers thing kinda going and the three parties were cool with it I'm not sure how that would be a problem. What might be sort of problematic is the question if their lover's family also should be compensated by Wonder Woman's rights, and this is a problem that every single superhero created has. So there's no big deal controversy here other than their story being a little unconventional, I guess. 

I don't mind the unconventional relationship either. If it made them happy so what?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nobody is going to see this movie so why would WB be nervous? Also nobody cares about the creators of these characters except nerds like me. Unfortunate but true.

Exactly.

If anything, WB would be fine since it might end up being tangentially beneficial for them, since it keeps the whole WW thing in people's lips.

But you are right; this is not the kind of film that middle America embraces.

WB is fine. :D 

Also I think we are at the very height of Wonder Woman's popularity in the media right now.

Bluray and DVD has come out
Gal Gadot on SNL
New Justice League Trailers building up hype for WW's return
Finally this Marston biopic movie

I don't think this hype will ever be surpassed even by the WW sequel.

You'd think that in a year in which the top grossing film so far prominently features Luke Evans, and the second top grossing film so far is all about Wonder Woman, this film, as different from those as it is, would elicit more interest from theatre owners, I guess.

Then again, I have no idea how those things work.