efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Accountant 24.7M, Kevin Hart 11.9M, GOTT 11.9M, Peregrine 8.9M

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They changed it to be more mainstream and easier to sell. It is as simple as that. 

There won't be another sequel because Sony knows another drop is likely. 

Wanna bet? Sony has no franchises. The made a sequel to Smurfs 2 which made what Inferno will make on a way bigger budget. If they can keep the budget to a similar level, they will make money even if the movie only makes 200m WW. 

2 minutes ago, James said:

Wanna bet? Sony has no franchises. The made a sequel to Smurfs 2 which made what Inferno will make on a way bigger budget. If they can keep the budget to a similar level, they will make money even if the movie only makes 200m WW. 

Exactly. This is honestly the only real franchise Sony has

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, James said:

Smurfs is not a sequel. It is an animated reboot. 

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Smurfs is not a sequel. It is an animated reboot. 

Same shit. Inferno will be a huge success. If it manages 350m WW on a 75m budget it will get money from the theatrical run alone. That would be almost 5x the budget. In what world doesn't that grant a sequel. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They changed it to be more mainstream and easier to sell. It is as simple as that. 

There won't be another sequel because Sony knows another drop is likely. 

Yeah... No. Come on CJohn, there will be a sequel, specially if the budget is kept to similar levels. And even if it drops it will still make money.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Yeah... No. Come on CJohn, there will be a sequel, specially if the budget is kept to similar levels. And even if it drops it will still make money.

I am just not sure if Sony is willing to bet on these movies again. I hope so.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Given how long it took between sequels, I'm not sure whether the next Langdon book will be adapted. 

I guess it depends on the reception. The next Langdon book is my most anticipated book. And it will always be so, because Brown is a master at crafting the kind of novels you lose sleep over.

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Given how long it took between sequels, I'm not sure whether the next Langdon book will be adapted. 

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am just not sure if Sony is willing to bet on these movies again. I hope so.

If this was a Disney sure, but Sony? I think they'll do it. Also think they will rush Origin into production as soon as the book comes out to cash in on it more 

• Like 1

I'm really glad that Sony learned such important lesson, instead of spending almost 500 million to produce and promote a movie ( aka TASM 2). 

Keep your budgets reasonable and cool, and you won't need to ask for help, like you did to Marvel. Then again, if TASM 2 had made a huge profit, Spidey wouldn't be in the MCU and we would have got a TASM 3 ( which I actually would love to see ). That TASM 2 ending destroyed me. I never thought Sony would have the balls to kill such character and even give that character a funeral. 

49 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm really glad that Sony learned such important lesson, instead of spending almost 500 million to produce and promote a movie ( aka TASM 2). 

Keep your budgets reasonable and cool, and you won't need to ask for help, like you did to Marvel. Then again, if TASM 2 had made a huge profit, Spidey wouldn't be in the MCU and we would have got a TASM 3 ( which I actually would love to see ). That TASM 2 ending destroyed me. I never thought Sony would have the balls to kill such character and even give that character a funeral. 

Tentpoles will always spend the big bucks for superhero and action films but $75m for Inferno is a good budget and minimises the risk. WB/New Line summer line up were all profitable because of their sensisble budgets.

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Which will be joined with MIB next movie, never forget. That should be fun.

That is in development hell. Even Jonah Hill already said on an interview that 23JS will probably never happen.

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That is in development hell. Even Jonah Hill already said on an interview that 23JS will probably never happen.

Rothman said that there were individual projects being developed alongside so if MIB23 is scratched there will be new entries in each franchise anywyay.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Really? Sad news, I was really looking foward to that one actually. Either way, that's 2 franchises.