kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

29 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think soft drops Thanksgiving week and extended legs during Christmas and New Year holidays get Ragnarok to 335 m.

Lets see what happens next weekend. That would require legs like Strange wich only dropped 49,8 on 2nd weekend. Thor will drop a few point more this weekend so it needs a hold that is better than 58% against LJ

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattW said:

Dark World and Dr Strange both had big theater losses at christmas because of new releases so I'm not sure Ragnarok will benefit much from the holidays.  My guess is 310-320.  

If Thor R droppes less than 58% next weekend i would say that 320+ looks more likely than under

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

It ultimately really doesn't matter whether Ragnarök will beat Homecoming, Guardians Vol. 2 or even WW. What matters is that it will significantly outgross TDW. With better exchange rates, Thor 4 (if they bring Hemsworth and Ruffalo back and maybe add another hero like Captain Marvel) could be a candidate for $1 billion. :o

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

It ultimately really doesn't matter whether Ragnarök will beat Homecoming, Guardians Vol. 2 or even WW. What matters is that it will significantly outgross TDW. With better exchange rates, Thor 4 (if they bring Hemsworth and Ruffalo back and maybe add another hero like Captain Marvel) could be a candidate for $1 billion. :o

Does Marvel Studios have a rule against 4th movies?

They've been avoiding Iron Man 4 and Cap 4.

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Contracts run out and they get to damn expensive to make.. Im perfectly fine atm with Cap, Hulk and Stark running around in other Marvel movies. Thats what Avengers(and Revengers) are for..

Lets get a West Coast Avengers franchise while we are at it so other caracters can live on without standalone movies.. Could happen after what happend in CW

1 hour ago, miketheavenger said:

Goes to show that quality does matter and it'll make you more $$$. 

23 hours ago, grey ghost said:

No it's just what people assume.

Contracts were structured for 3 solos and 3 Avengers for Evans & Hemsworth - both have extended for Avengers 4 though and RDJ has been extending since IM3

Personally, I'd rather see IM4 & Cap4 (and now surprisingly Thor 4) rather than AM 2 & 3, Strange 2 & 3 or even GOTG 3, but Feige doesn't ask me. :P

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Contracts were structured for 3 solos and 3 Avengers for Evans & Hemsworth - both have extended for Avengers 4 though and RDJ has been extending since IM3

Personally, I'd rather see IM4 & Cap4 (and now surprisingly Thor 4) rather than AM 2 & 3, Strange 2 & 3 or even GOTG 3, but Feige doesn't ask me. :P

No. I must have Gotg3 and 4 and 5 and and and.  Also i would love more DS. They can cut AM for all I care. 

And amongst the main trio I would love another Iron Man movie the most, the CA and then Thor. IM will also make the most money out of these three. 

Also what would they even make another thor movie about given that

Asgard is destroyed. Will we get a Thor movie based entirely on Earth?  

I guess they can take a serious route and show Thor trying to find a place and settle the homeless asgardians on Earth and humans opposition to that. They can make a serious movie and commentary on immigration, integration, etc

but they are going for more of a funny route with Thor so its impossible they will go the above route

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

After Iron Man 3 I think it's better to stop with this franchise...they completely screwed it up, only the first movie isn't shitty! GOTG3 would be far more interesting given there is still so much to do with this franchise ^^

Edited by Fullbuster

12 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

After Iron Man 3 I think it's better to stop with this franchise...they completely screwed it up, only the first movie isn't shitty! GOTG3 would be far more interesting given there is still so much to do with this franchise ^^

Audiences did not think so which is why they propelled it to #3 amongst MCU movies and #12 all time. Heck even critics did not think so as it has a 79% rating on RT

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Audiences did not think so which is why they propelled it to #3 amongst MCU movies and #12 all time. Heck even critics did not think so as it has a 79% rating on RT

Let's say I didn't expect Iron Man to become a pure comedy, I wanted something more epic. I think Captain America is really much, much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Around 50% drop IMO

I’m hoping for 30M weekend (around 60% drop). Anything over that is gravy.

Weird we didn’t have a worldwide total update on Wed/Thu for this week. Disney is slacking off lol. 

2 hours ago, Sam said:

I’m hoping for 30M weekend (around 60% drop). Anything over that is gravy.

Weird we didn’t have a worldwide total update on Wed/Thu for this week. Disney is slacking off lol. 

I just to see JL at 3,30 pm here in Denmark. We were 11 people. Thor Ragnaroks screening had 19. In its 3rd weekend. And we are not alone in europe. 

Thor will benifit from a weak JL and have better than expected drop..

IMO ofcourse :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I just to see JL at 3,30 pm here in Denmark. We were 11 people. Thor Ragnaroks screening had 19. In its 3rd weekend. And we are not alone in europe. 

Thor will benifit from a weak JL and have better than expected drop..

IMO ofcourse :)

Well, I hope you’re right. I think it got hit harder in Latin America, but maybe Asia and Europe could balance out the drops.

Thor should be very comfortably passing Cap 2 WW total by Sunday.

$730M-$740M is the range IMO. 

• Thanks 2