That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

9 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Yeah general audiences haven't seen this side of Marvel until now. Well, I guess they got a little taste of it with the tiny bit that Thanos was in GotG, seeing Scarlet Witch with her powers, but still nothing on this level.

Reveal hidden contents

alone getting a little screen time will likely have some viewers going WTF. I was glad they actually showed him after mentioning him a few times earlier in the movie, so audiences who have no clue who he is now at least have an inkling of an idea when he shows up down the road. 

Spoiler code your post. JFC. People haven't seen the movie yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

People who spoil new releases in their OW threads need month long bans from this site.

Imagine if someone had put in all caps, all bold, highest fond "HAN SOLO DIES" on TFA Weekend Thread.

I'm not gonna get in trouble for saying that...right??

2 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

I still don't think Strange will have great legs even with awesome word-of-mouth due to a packed holiday season. IMO it needs to hit 90+ to have a chance at $250m total, but since this is Marvel we're talking about I'm probably wrong and it'll have Ant-Man legs. :) 

I agree. I think in terms of legs some people are under estimating just how heavy packed the next two months are. 

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Imagine if someone had put in all caps, all bold, highest fond "HAN SOLO DIES" on TFA Weekend Thread.

I'm not gonna get in trouble for saying that...right??

BKB spoiled the ending in that thread :lol: 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

If you want to know the budget of a movie, be patient and watch the credits, you'll see how many people worked on the movie.

Given the Dr Strange credits, I would say the movie cost around 200m.

Has the time come to change your batteries again already?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nova said:

I agree. I think in terms of legs some people are under estimating just how heavy packed the next two months are. 

Yep, Fantastic Beasts will likely cause a 60-70% 3rd weekend drop and the post-Thanksgiving frame will bring about another 55-60% drop, so it's unlikely to develop strong legs. $80 million OW will probably mean $200-205 million DOM. 

• Like 1

Given how SFX heavy Doctor Strange is, it's not surprising the budget is over $165m, I imagine now Ike has been banished from the MCU, Feige can ask for bigger budgets. 

It'll be interesting how Thor will fare next year since it'll face Justice League two weeks later, it'll is the first time that WB and Marvel have had films in the same month.