That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It's now opening in only 2 theaters (1 in NY, 1 in LA) next weekend. It goes wide on the 18th (against Fantastic Beasts, Edge of Seventeen, and Bleed for This).

Well then nevermind.   But yeah I see it getting slaughtered that weekend

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I still think that's really frontloaded for the late nights. Thought OD would be mid 30's going by that. 

I kind of still think it may. Evening shows have yet to stsrt on.the east coast let alone the west. Wouldn't shock me at all to see Rth return with a higher updated range hours from now.

I don't know what's more shocking: that Deadline was actually right for once (mostly), or that DS is so frontloaded. It's an 'original' movie ffs. I'm starting to think the next Avengers movie won't hit higher than a 2-2.2x multi. Same for DC.

28 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I kind of still think it may. Evening shows have yet to stsrt on.the east coast let alone the west. Wouldn't shock me at all to see Rth return with a higher updated range hours from now.

On the bright side, if DS is this front-loaded then that confirms to me that CW did in fact have good to great WOM but it doesn't matter anymore with MCU. 

• Like 1

Some of the boys on our WhatsApp chat pointed out to me several times now that the Thursday preview numbers are getting bigger and bigger as a portion of the weekend number. So I guess it shouldn't be that shocking if it comes in that around 75 or 80.

• Like 3

A) DS will be frontloaded just because a ton of Marvel Studio fans rush to see the movie as soon as possible. This shouldn't be too shocking.

B ) You guys freak out way to early. DS is going to make bank on Saturday. Deadline and Variety are wrong all the time. This is almost as bad as overestimation of MT and RT correlation.

C) I can't wait to see innovative visuals of DS. From the commercials, all I'm seeing is Inception, so maybe this movie will pick up even more steam when marketing actually shows something new.

D) Whatever happens, this weekend will be glorious because Mel Gibson is awesome.