kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Imo, the worst thing Marvel/Disney could do to this movie is interconnecting it (too much) to their Multiverse storyline(s), because people will see this as the third Deadpool movie in a trilogy and the first two have nothing to do with the MCU on a story-level, so bringing all these interconnections into this one could be off-putting to many people who just want to see the third Deadpool movie and dont care at all about the current MCU stuff.

But i think exactly that will happen anyway since ... Deadpool 3 is now an MCU movie.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I agree. This is also the first Deadpool movie under MCU's / Disney's reign. It's also the first R rated MCU movie. It has a ton of things riding for it and even against it. If it flops or makes less than the previous movies, then things will be very dark for next months at MCU's headquarters.

Deadpool 1 and 2 made almost 800 million worldwide. This new one is obviously much more expensive than the previous ones. Anything under 700 million worldwide is gonna be disaster territory. This one has Wolverine in it and a lot of characters. 

I still can't believe Disney allowed Deadpool to be R rated. I'll believe it when I see it. Somehow I have bad feelings about behind the scenes issues that eventually will get revealed after the movie's release. I really hope Disney / MCU allowed Ryan Reynolds to do the things he wanted to do with the character, without trying to force things to be "cut" or deleted. This thing needs to be hardcore.

If you pay attention, it is clear that Disney wants fo get back into the R rated ore adult movie market. With the Fox aquisition, they havea number of studio labels they can use and keep the Disney Studip brand pure.

Probably before your tiem, but in the late 80s and 90's, Disney, though some of it  sutdios released R rated movies on a regular basis,. Miramex, for instance, released Tarentino's movies, all rated R. In the early 2000's for reasons which sitll puzzle me. they got out of the R  rated movie business.

22 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Imo, the worst thing Marvel/Disney could do to this movie is interconnecting it (too much) to their Multiverse storyline(s), because people will see this as the third Deadpool movie in a trilogy and the first two have nothing to do with the MCU on a story-level, so bringing all these interconnections into this one could be off-putting to many people who just want to see the third Deadpool movie and dont care at all about the current MCU stuff.

But i think exactly that will happen anyway since ... Deadpool 3 is now an MCU movie.

Uh, not that the GA cares much about that, as much as the geeks do.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 5:16 PM, Brainbug said:

I predict a train wreck if this is really being used as a “reset/save” the MCU movie. There’s just no way that’s not gonna be forced as hell 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I can't believe it's possible but people are really underestimating this movie somehow. I don't think people are aware at how big the Superbowl trailer is gonna go over in 5 weeks.

Right there with you. But you know how it is around here. BOO Marvel and CBM's. They are all going to flop except for the one's that don't like ATSV and Guardians 3.  Now could this be a another disappointment but I will wait until I see how they sell it and how it turns out. I'm crazy like that. 

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

That Can We Get Some Toast person posted this promo art of the Wolverine mask, then this person mirrored the image to get this and...man.

This looks fucking GOOOOOD

Seeing Hugh with the iconic mask will be worth it for sure! Hopefully this one will be more like No Way Home than the Flash movie.

32 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Seeing Hugh with the iconic mask will be worth it for sure! Hopefully this one will be more like No Way Home than the Flash movie.

Flashs biggest problem is essentially that Flashpoint, fundamentally...kinda sucks as a story? At least as the big event it is even in the comics. The TV show had the best version because it's entirely personal. If saving Barry's mom dooms all of fucking humanity there's a lot less stakes to his decision to let her die.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Flashs biggest problem is essentially that Flashpoint, fundamentally...kinda sucks as a story? At least as the big event it is even in the comics. The TV show had the best version because it's entirely personal. If saving Barry's mom dooms all of fucking humanity there's a lot less stakes to his decision to let her die.

Naah, the Spider-Verse stories in the comics have been milquetoast and never fully utilized the fun factor of the concept like how NWH and the Miles films do. Flashpoint actually had a really strong adaptation in the DTV animated movie even with big stakes. The live action movie is just terrible in comparison with no excuses (though the constant rewrites did a number on it, especially the revisions after Batkeaton and DCEU were announced as dunzo)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh man, that's...just a perfect mask.

No wonder why Marvel's solely focusing on this one for the year. It's their biggest surefire hit in ages. Two huge characters who can stand on their own even when the larger Marvel brand is on the brink finally meet, and the latter is bringing his iconic suit with him for the first time ever in live action, complete with the actors who made them household names bringing them to life once more and the same writers who made the first two Deadpool movies hit the zeitgeist returning as well. If this one is even remotely good I can actually see it reach the billion dollar mark, which would be the first time a pure Marvel movie gets there in half a decade. The only question now is whether this or Jonkler 2 is going to be the biggest movie of the year.