kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

9 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

that seems like the most likely scenario , Deadpool seems like a consistent franchise like Guardians  , its weird marvel loonies expected a billion when previous films showed a ceiling

Again, I’m not sure why people are acting like Deadpool 3 will perform exactly like the two previous entries when Deadpool 3 is in a completely different situation. That’s like saying NWH’s ceiling is $1.1B because the previous films showed a ceiling. Just completely missing important context. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

$180M for DP3 would be more impressive than Endgame's opening weekend (in my personal opinion) 

And for anybody wondering, yes I absolutely do want Deadpool to do 1B+ (I do not want this movie to fail even though I've been pessimistic about it)

The problem is your pessimism is based on a feeling that a large group of people are sitting there going Yeah I hated Thor L&T and Antman QM so I will not see the Deadpool and Wolverine teamup movie. I am sure those people exist but not that many. If this movie fails or underperforms it will be because of its own sins.

• Like 1

Love and Thunder will be two years out by July. It really won't have any impact on Deadpool and Wolverine whatsoever.

It's clear that Disney has very high expectations for this with tickets this far out. With everything it has going for it, it should hopefully meet them.

16 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It will still have to pay for the sins of Thor 4 and Ant-Man 3. . .

No it won’t. Guardians 3 already did on its opening weekend. Plus those two films came out almost 2 years ago, it’s barely gonna have an effect on Deadpool 3’s performance 

• Like 2

This’ll perform much worse than if DS2/Thor4/AM3 had been good and if you think otherwise you’re really kidding yourself. 3 years ago the MCU was huge and now it’s pretty washed.   

That said this could be like 250/650/1.3 kind of run if things were in a good place, so the hurt version can still do okay

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

To be clear you are saying the "doing okay" would be the highest grossing R rated movie ever made

Not really sold on highest grossing R rated movie just yet but I agree that 250/600/1.3B would be unrealistic even with the MCU at a much stronger place in 2021 vs 2024.

Posted (edited)

Ok, this is getting a bit ridiculous now. I agree with your main point (in fact I feel like I regurgitated it so many times to the point where it has gotten excessive), but even if the MCU was in a good shape, this movie is not opening to $250 million. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

31 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Ok, this is getting a bit ridiculous now. I agree with your main point (in fact I feel like I regurgitated it so many times to the point where it has gotten excessive), but even if the MCU was in a good shape, this movie is not opening to $250 million. 

Yeah $250M is too much even for prime MCU. $200M+ for sure in a healthy MCU environment 

• Like 1

Just now, ringedmortality said:

I don't understand the absolute derision that Strangers Chapter One has received. I was never a fan of the original tbf, but I think they're both on a similar level of quality (Prey by Night is the only outright good film in this series). Unless you just really miss the handheld indie vibe of the original.

????????

40 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Yeah $250M is too much even for prime MCU. $200M+ for sure in a healthy MCU environment 

Can we literally not even wait the 13 hours before tracking starts before we start having this conversation 

Posted (edited)

Pros:

- Deadpool 1 and 2 are well received

- Will be over a year since the last MCU movie for most.

- Ryan Reynolds 

- Hugh Jackman

- Them joining the MCU and the Event feeling this movie is giving

- Loki tie in, a show that has been very well recevied?

- "Only" the second cbm movie of the year when it comes out

- Summer days

Cons:

- R rating limiting audiences maybe?

- Potential quality? I think bad WOM will destroy this one given the potential fatigue from audiences

- CBM/MCU been struggling lately

Pencil me in for an OW of 110-120M dom, and final of 290M + 450M OS for 740M.

Edited by thajdikt

Yeah I don’t get the R-rating concerns. Previous Deadpool films aside, Logan did the best of the Wolverine movies with an R rating. And while a different type of movie, the third highest grossing film of last year was R rated and it got close to a billion. It’s not really a turn off to audiences.