kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

2 hours ago, YM! said:

I’d go a bit higher on ceiling, like $500m-$550m if everything goes right as a best-case scenario but yeah 400s is what I’m expecting which isn’t necessarily a bad thing so long as reception is good and budget is in check. Feels like we’re back in Phase 1-2 era.

he budget of Captain America 4 at least will

ballon to at least 300M now that they are basically reshooting the whole film. Gigantic budgets are also Disney’s MO

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think the momentum coming off this will help upcoming releases. An old school absolute blowout.

Maybe. Back in 2017 Wonder Woman did not help JL very much.

It depends on how good the follow up films are. If they are not very good, the momentum willl not help.

And as far as eshoots go, all re shoots are not eqaul, There is rehoots for fine tuning a good movie, and there are reshoots to try to save a film that has severe problems. The latter does not have a good rate of sucess...and Cap 4 is having major problems.

10 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

This will start the MCU renaissance.

this one will be success mostly because it works well in its own instead of being part of the multiverse saga. Just like nobody think Wonder Woman have big thing to do with Snyder's universe.

Edited by Gavin Feng

14 hours ago, Firepower said:

Until Captain America 4 bombs hard.

Ya, this very much feels like a GOTG3 - its own thing, in its own corner, a blip rather than a return to form.

And that's assuming it actually DOES hit high. I'm still very doubtful of its quality and thereby don't see great staying power for it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Ya, this very much feels like a GOTG3 - its own thing, in its own corner, a blip rather than a return to form.

And that's assuming it actually DOES hit high. I'm still very doubtful of its quality and thereby don't see great staying power for it.

I think it'll have a huge opening weekend, but average legs no matter reception, just because MCU flicks rarely have good legs, they rely on a big opening weekend.

6 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

this one will be success mostly because it works well in its own instead of being part of the multiverse saga. Just like nobody think Wonder Woman have big thing to do with Snyder's universe.

"This movie that explicitly revolves around the multiverse is not part of the multiverse saga" do you people hear yourselves. People are bending over backwards to explain how this one likely being a success magically doesn't count 

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 7

Does anybody know why Deadpool pistol whips and steals the wallet of some random dude who didn't do anything in the first movie, and who tf is he even? I know the pizza guy is stalking somebody or whatever but who is the OTHER guy in the scene? 😭

Edited by HummingLemon496

On 4/26/2024 at 7:40 AM, SpiderByte said:

"This movie that explicitly revolves around the multiverse is not part of the multiverse saga" do you people hear yourselves. People are bending over backwards to explain how this one likely being a success magically doesn't count 

This movie is definitely part of the Multiverse ( and heavily focused on that ), BUT it's probably getting a good performance because of the main protagonists. The idea of Wolverine and Deadpool together is amazing, no matter what. It's probably going to be a sucess, DESPITE being a Multiverse movie.

It needs good reviews and audience response, though. The idea of 2 major characters together is great, but they need to be in a good movie, though. There are examples showing that bad things can happen if a movie gets bad reviews.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

June is not a good month for superhero movies. May and July are the best. Superhero movies tend to overperform in these months. 

The highest grossing superhero movie of all time released in April. Second highest as well. Third highest in December

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1