kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Definitely. I think Raimi did the ideal with such a paper thin writing … very tight editing (not even 2 hours), high energy through, great visual ideas and concepts and an actual effort in directing the thing with personality and style. Those quirky transitions are amazing i still can’t believe so many fans hated that.

Not even the weight of the machine erased Raimi or Gunn with Guardians 3, it’s far from auteurish but all their trademarks are there and made with passion. Really loved both and i think this is what’s missing from MCU, they’re priotizing more and more directors that are easily erased like Russos, Jon Watts or Shawn Levy. Sometimes it makes more well round movies, but always less interesting ones because it’s clearly from the producer.

The Russo's don't deserve the shade.

They've made 3 movies which could be argued belong in the top 10 superhero movies of all time.

At best Raimi directed two.

Just now, AniNate said:

Btw don't expect to be able to get a tomatometer for the next hour. RT is typically very buggy when embargoes lift and almost certainly will be today.

You would think they would have gotten that fixed by this point.....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the multiverse has really hurt the legacy of characters that should have been done with. Jackman played Wolverine so well, and his character's journey in Logan was beautifully done and a fitting send off to such a beloved character.

But now he's resurrected to be in a comedy film? Destroys the finality and emotional impact of what Logan achieved. 

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

You would think they would have gotten that fixed by this point.....

I'm pretty sure they don't want to. Every obsessive reload is an extra few cents of ad revenue.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The Russo's don't deserve the shade.

They've made 3 movies which could be argued belong in the top 10 superhero movies of all time.

At best Raimi directed two.

I disagree, Raimi has at least three.

9r2u03yf09131.gif

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Just now, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I disagree, Raimi has at least three.

9r2u03yf09131.gif

Darkman is my favorite Raimi movie but it probably doesn't make alot of top 10 SH movies list.

I agree though, it's a classic.

• Like 1

this might be silly and nostalgic enough to be a crowdpleaser, but that report about them considering levy for secret wars made made me expect a lot more