kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

6 hours ago, JustLurking said:

But that's not cinema, it's not spectacle, it's pandering. And if that's what makes a huge blockbuster, then I find it sad, plain and simple.

No Way Home was a film held together by glue and spit, bordering on the nonsensical, just a bunch of interactions and nostalgia written down with random shit in between to make it happen. But audiences loved it! Mission accomplished, I suppose.

Yeah, this is why The Flash was a successful movie and loved by audiences

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah, this is why The Flash was a successful movie and loved by audiences

Or the very next Marvel movie

Dr Strange: Let's ruin Wanda's character 

If i remember it got B+ score 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Or the very next Marvel movie

Dr Strange: Let's ruin Wanda's character 

If i remember it got B+ score 

Yeah, Multiverse of Madness is another example proving multiverse pandering = good audience reception

Other examples (other than Flash):

Rise of Skywalker

Dial of Destiny

Unlike The Trash and Dial of Destiny, Rise of Skywalker and Multiverse of Madness were successful by opening way bigger than the former two ($177M and $187M vs $55M and $60M)

Edited by HummingLemon496

13 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Def avoiding that final trailer... don't know who the cameo is but clearly Marvel is opening those floodgates now. Probably best to log off all the movie sites for the next week... catching this baby at the Capitan next Thurs.

It wasn't really that big of a cameo tbh.

23 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

So for only for first 40 minutes and reactions are mental.

People are going crazy, there are reports of grown men crying and there are rumors of people ripping away their chairs in theaters in excitement.

So are they not showing critics the full movie until the premiere?

5 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Probably going to grab some seats soon. Should I get Cinemark XD or standard? Not really sure if it matters for MCU films 

I got standard, watching some MCU movies in PLF actually makes me mad because you can see the bad green screen even more glaringly lol (Love and Thunder was egregious)

9 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

I got standard, watching some MCU movies in PLF actually makes me mad because you can see the bad green screen even more glaringly lol (Love and Thunder was egregious)

I'm seeing it in Dolby on Thursday night, but I did hear from someone who had seen the first 40 minutes that compared to the trailers, the colors pop out a lot more.

Not sure if that will completely fix the green screen problems that past MCU movies have had, but so far I haven't heard anyone really complain about any obvious green screening. 

1 minute ago, Ryan C said:

I'm seeing it in Dolby on Thursday night, but I did hear from someone who had seen the first 40 minutes that compared to the trailers, the colors pop out a lot more.

Not sure if that will completely fix the green screen problems that past MCU movies have had, but so far I haven't heard anyone really complain about any obvious green screening. 

Fair enough, I hope I’m wrong!

1 hour ago, abracadabra1998 said:

what about the sound system. Is it any real difference? 

1 hour ago, Ryan C said:

Does this apply to XD?

I really don't want to spend $30+ more on something that will not be noticeable 

8 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Does this apply to XD?

I really don't want to spend $30+ more on something that will not be noticeable 

Not sure. Never been to an XD screening before. 

Honestly, just go to a 2D showing to be safe. Unless you feel like it's a necessity to see this movie in a PLF, a regular screen should still be good.

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Pretty sure it's Monday reactions and Tuesday reviews.

Correct. Tho depending on ur timezone it can be Tuesday and Wed. But I assume that in questions like that we are always talking US time.